Ch. 5 Homecoming

HOMECOMING
[3×09]

AS MUCH AS I WANTED THE TRUTH ABOUT MY PARENTS, I NEEDED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. The more I looked, the more the idea that they were dead began to make sense. It was getting depressing, and I was having no luck with finding my sister either. So, I ended up getting dragged into the newest Salvatore drama. They were concocting a plan to kill Klaus. Something in me told me that Klaus wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, but I pushed it down and went along with everything.

That wasn't my only bad feeling though. The head aches were starting again. I didn't tell Ric, knowing that if I did I would be tossed to the sidelines in seconds. Despite how over protective they usually were, Damon and Ric seemed perfectly fine with me being involved this time. I guessed they trusted that I could take care of myself pretty well after how I had won against Damon at training.

We all stood in the living room, Stefan was on the phone. He was in charge of the first part of the plan. I was standing close by so I could listen in. "Portland's fantastic once you get over all the whiney music and healthy-looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves," Klaus was saying.

"Your father's dead," Stefan told him.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus wondered.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered," Stefan said. We all glanced at Mikael's desiccated body which had a silver dagger sticking out of it. The daggers were the only way to put Originals down. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus said.

|One Hour Earlier|

"All right, we'll say Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait," Stefan said, the three of us following him through the house.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an Original. Make it realistic," Damon said.

"Okay, fine, we vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger," Stefan said.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead-"

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan said, interrupting the doppelganger.

"So what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I wondered.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied," Damon reminded.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here," Stefan said.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof," Elena warned.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said, entering the room. I couldn't help but tense. Whether Mikael was supposed to be an ally or not, I didn't trust him.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena wondered.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him," Mikael said, walking over to a table. I watched the vampire suspiciously. He was messing with the silver dagger and ashes on the table.