Ch. 2 Smells Like Teen Spirit

SIRED
[3×06]

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING," I MUTTERED.

I was coming down the stairs of the Salvatore house, and at the bottom laid two dead girls. Both had obviously been fed on. I stepped around them and walked into the living room.

I knew the bodies had to be complements of Stefan. He was back, but with no humanity.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug," Damon told his brother.

Stefan was sitting on the couch feeding off a girl. There were several other girls, all with bite marks, playing Twister. Stefan let go of the girl he was feeding on and turned to look at us. He wiped the blood off his mouth and I thought I might barf.

"You mean they owe us a Persian rug? It's my house, too, brother. Oh! Would you like a spin?" he asked and held up the Twister spinner.

"You can join them if you want, Rory," he said, looking at the girls.

"I'm done. I'm done. I'm leaving," I said. "If I don't I might actually stake him."

"Don't be so mean. Everyone here knows you're prettier than most of them," Stefan told me.

I looked at Damon. "Can you drive me to my mom's?"

He sighed. "So is this what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?" he asked his brother.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be," Stefan said.

"Yeah, while you violate all of them," I muttered. There was a knock and Damon opened it. I sighed in annoyance as I saw who it was.

"Where's Stefan?" Rebekah asked, barging in. She ran over to the emotionless vampire. "He left me here. My brother actually left me here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care," Stefan said.

"You're Klaus' sister?" Damon asked.

"Rebekah, pleasure, I'm sure," she said.

"The one who broke my foot and helped turn Tyler," I said. "Can you get me out of here now?"

She rolled her eyes at me, and I wondered what she would do if I put a stake through her heart just for the fun of it. "Can you please just take me to my mom's? Caroline borrowed my car," I told Damon.

"Which one's my room?" Rebekah asked.

"Oh, no way," I said. I had been living with Damon for most of the summer, but no way was I living with the two of them.

"Yeah, you're not staying here," Stefan said, laughing.

"Rude. Both of you. I'll see to it myself," Rebekah said, heading towards the stairs. She gave me and Damon an innocent smile.

"So, I guess she's staying here," Stefan said.

I turned to Damon. "Me and my child are not living with the she-devil," I told him.

|

I walked across the high school parking lot, feeling weird now that I wasn't a student.

I walked into the building and went down the hall, trying to find my sister. I saw her hanging up a flyer for the upcoming bonfire. "I forgot about the yearly bonfire," Elena said.