Ch. 7 The Ties That Bind

EGGO WAFFLES
[3×12]

I MANAGED A SMILE AS I WALKED INTO THE KITCHEN. "You seriously can't just eat Eggo waffles for breakfast like a normal person, can you?" I asked. Klaus was standing by the counter, a paper in his hand.

"Who would ever want cheap cardboard like waffles for breakfast when you can have this?" Klaus asked, smirking. He gestured to the trays of food on the table.

"Me and Lilly. Seriously, I lived off those things when I was pregnant," I said.

"I don't think that is healthy," he told me.

"Nothing about my life is healthy. Mentally and physically," I said, grabbing a chocolate chip muffin from the tray on the table. I had been living here for three days now, and all of them had started the same way. I go into the kitchen in search of food, only to be be greeted by Klaus and usually pastries.

"You realize there is blueberry too, right?" Klaus asked, leaning against the counter.

"Yes, but ew," I said. I took a bite of muffin and headed back to my room.

|

I arrived at my house the same time as Caroline. "What are you two doing here?" she asked as we walked up to the porch.

"Forgot a few things. Including her rabbit which caused a lot of screaming this morning," I said, looking at my daughter who was in my arms. She still looked fairly ticked with me.

Caroline smiled and we went inside. Caroline sat down her purse and keys and I started to head for my room. Then we both noticed Tyler sitting in the living room. He stood when he saw us. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to apologize," he said.

"Apologize? You bit me, I could have died! I think we are way past apologies, Tyler," Caroline said.

"That's the problem. Klaus told me to do it and I said no. And then, it just happened anyway. Like it was completely out of my control," Tyler said.

"He's not lying," I said. I knew Klaus had told him to do it, but it didn't stop me from being mad at Tyler too.

"Yeah, that's why I had your mom call him," Tyler said.

Our father entered the room. "Daddy?" Caroline asked.

"Hi, Caroline," he said. He looked at me. "Hi, Rory." I said nothing to my father as he looked at me and Lilly.

"I thought since he could resist compulsion, maybe he could teach me to resist a sire bond," Tyler explained.

"Can you help him?" I asked my father. I knew him and Caroline weren't on the best terms at the moment.

"I'm going to try," Dad said.

"Why?" Caroline asked.

"Because he made a mistake and now he wants to make good. I understand that. Besides, he is my granddaughter's father," he said.