Ch. 9 Dangerous Liaisons

A/N: Rory's dress for the ball is above, but imagine it with the the slip being floor length. There is also the song for when she's dancing with Klaus. The song will come up again during this series.

THE MIKAELSONS
[3×14]

AFTER LEAVING MY MOM'S, I HEADED HOME. I knew my eyes were still puffy from crying as I headed towards my room. I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for a week.

A boy with short brown hair ran in front of me with vampire speed. "Now, what do we have here?" he asked, taking me and my daughter in.

"You aren't supposed to be here," Rebekah said, appearing beside him.

"I live here, twit," I said.

The boy chuckled. "I like her, sister," he said. For some reason, in that moment, I decided I liked something about him too.

Rebekah moved closer to me. "Why are you here?" she repeated.

"I just told you," I said. She started to move towards me again, but Klaus entered the room.

"Leave her alone, Rebekah!" he said.

"Since when do you care about the wolf girl?" she asked.

"Me and Ms. Forbes have a deal. None of you will harm her," Klaus said. I smirked at the blonde, who glared at me. "Rory, I'd like to introduce my younger brother, Kol." Klaus gestured to the boy.

He walked closer to me, grabbing my hand. "Pleasure to meet you," he said and kissed my hand.

I pulled my hand back, looking over at Klaus. Two more people entered with Elijah. One was a woman and the other was a man that didn't look much older than Elijah. "I would also like to introduce my oldest brother, Finn. And our mother, Esther," Klaus said.

"Your mother? As in the witch who made you all into vampires, bound your werewolf side, then you murdered?" I asked.

Klaus gave me a look, but nodded. "Yes," he said.

"Good to know. I just watched my dad die, so I think I will just pass out now," I said. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and did just that.

|

I was in my room, texting with Caroline when I heard a knock at the door. I hadn't left my room since the night before. I looked up as Kol stuck his head in. "May I come in?" he wondered.

I sat up, nodding. He smiled and shut the door behind him. "So, Klaus told me about your visions and how you can't be compelled," Kol said.

"Yeah, he mentioned you might know something about my family," I said.

He nodded, sitting down on the bed. "We met some people a few centuries ago who were like you. They didn't see the future, but they had their own talents and couldn't be compelled. Each generation has a daughter with some kind of gift, like yours, that they usually discover," Kol said.

"So you're saying I'm one of these people?" I asked.

"Pretty much," he said.

"How do you know so much about them?" I wondered.

"Me and my siblings weren't born vampires, we were born witches. I was the only one who tapped into their magic before our mother turned us. I can relate to witches more than they can. I enjoy learning about different types of magic," he explained.