Ch. 1 Growing Pains

ALIVE
[4×01]

I FOUND OUT LATER THAT TYLER AND KLAUS WEREN'T THE ONLY TWO WHO HAD DIED. Matt tried to get Elena out of town and Rebekah ran them off Wickery Bridge. Matt was fine, but Elena had died with vampire blood in her system. That had also killed Alaric.

Caroline went to check on Matt, but I just went home. Lilly needed to get some sleep tonight, and I was going to make sure she got it. If I could do one thing right, it was making sure she was okay. I sat in her room watching her while she slept, wishing that she still had a father.

I got up when I heard the front door open. Caroline came inside and started getting some stuff together. "You okay?" I asked.

"You're asking me," she said, not even looking at me.

"Tyler was my daughter's father. I loved him, but I know you cared about him too. And your best friend just turned into a vampire," I said.

"Just don't worry about me, Rory," she said.

"I'm your big sister. It's my job to worry about you," I said.

She rolled her eyes. My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Mom? Hey," I said.

"Rory, where are you? Where's Caroline? Tell me you're both far away," she said.

"Where am I? Good question. Uh, just a whole lot of boring high ways," I lied. The last thing I needed to do was worry my mom more.

Me and Caroline grabbed our stuff and I went into Lilly's room and picked her up. She whined a little, and I tried to keep her from crying on me right now. Me and my sister headed out the door. We were headed to New York. We needed out of here.

"Why? What's up?" I asked my mom as I put my daughter in her car seat.

I heard Caroline gasp and turned around to face a guy who had obviously just given my sister a shot of vervain. I felt a needle get jammed into my neck from someone behind me. I closed the car door, not really wanting my daughter to know what I was about to do. I turned around and punched the guy who had stuck me with vervain in the nose. "I'm not a vampire, idiots," I said. "But you definitely aren't taking my sister."

"Rory." I turned to face the man who had called my name. "I think there has been a misunderstanding," he said.

I remembered him. He was the pastor. "You just vervained my sister, I think I got the message," I said. "Leave us alone and we will be getting out of your hair."

"You know what vervain is?" he asked.

"I'm human, not stupid," I said.

"Alright," he said. I felt something hit me in the arm and groaned. That one wasn't vervain.

|

I woke up in a van. Rebekah and Caroline were both sitting across from me. All our hands were bound. Rebekah woke up about the same time I did. "Vervain ropes," Caroline said, when the other vampire started struggling.

"Looks like Alaric outed us all to The Council," she said.

"The Council? What exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah asked.

Then, all of a sudden, the van wasn't on the ground. We were rolling. "Ahh," I said as we came to a stop. Rebekah and Caroline were lucky enough to have the van land on the side they were sitting on. They were laying back against their seats, but I was being held in place by ropes as gravity tried to pull me down. "What just happened?" I asked.