Ch. 11 Daddy Issues

HOSTAGE
[2×13]

I LOCKED THE DOOR BEHIND ME AS I LEFT THE HOUSE. I had Lilly on my hip, heading to meet Caroline. "Time to go to Amber's," I told her, then I noticed Tyler in the driveway. I frowned, knowing this conversation wouldn't end well. "I heard about your talk with Jules," I said, calmly.

"You did?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She called me," I told him, walking over to my car and opening the back door.

"You wanna tell me what really happened to my Uncle Mason?" he asked, following me.

I sighed as I started buckling Lilly into her car seat. "Look, Ty, I don't know what all she told you," I said.

"She told me Stefan and his brother, Damon, killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, like your sister. Is that true?" he asked.

I closed the car door, turning to face him. "Let me explain," I told him.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time?" he asked, his voice rising.

There was not point in lying now. "Yes," I said, bluntly. I gasped in surprise as I was shoved against the car door with werewolf strength. His eyes turned gold as he glared at me. "I'm sorry! But you need to let go of me right now," I snapped.

"I trusted you," he yelled. He blinked making his eyes go back to normal, before letting me go.

I straightened, taking a step away from the car. "We didn't have a choice," I told him.

"What is that even supposed to mean, Rory?" he asked.

"He almost got Stefan and Damon killed and when I helped them he threatened to kill me too. There is a lot of things that you don't understand," I said.

"That I don't understand? You helped kill him, Rory," he said.

"I'm sorry. I tried to find another solution, but I couldn't," I said.

He ran away from me. I sighed, getting in my car. Lilly was crying in the back seat. I sighed and leaned back towards her. "It's okay, baby. I'll figure this one out," I told her.

|

I ended up not going out. Caroline texted Stefan to let him know that we needed to talk. I let the vampire in. "What's wrong?" he asked, glancing between me and my sister.

"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I promise I didn't say a word," Caroline told him.

"She didn't and neither did I. Jules told him everything," I said.

"She had a run-in with Damon," he told us.

"I heard," I said. "Tyler is furious with me. I already lied to him about Lilly, I'm not sure if he can even forgive me this time."

"You're not going to tell Damon are you?" Caroline asked the vampire.

"No, he already wants him dead. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he isn't wrong to think that," Stefan said.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you forgetting me and Lilly are wolves?" I asked.

"That's not what I meant. You and Lilly are different. You understand that we aren't the bad guys. Tyler doesn't. What if he tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed," Stefan told us.