Ch. 17 The Last Day

RESCUE
[2×20]

AFTER LEARNING OF CAROL LOCKWOOD'S ACCIDENT, I HEADED TO THE HOSPITAL. She had fallen down the stairs, and given that she was my child's grandmother, I figured I should check in on her. I walked in and immediately froze. Standing next to Carol's bed was Tyler.

"Ty," I said.

He turned towards me, taking me in before his eyes shifted to Lilly who was on my hip. He seemed about as surprised to see me as I was to see him. "Rory."

I wasn't going to let him walk back in here and ruin everything. I walked over to the bed. "I heard about your fall. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," I told Carol.

She smiled. It was obvious she had noticed the tension between me and Tyler. "Thank you, but I'm okay," she said.

I gave her a small smile. "Well, both of us are glad," I said, looking at Lilly. She looked a little worried about her grandmother. Carol reached up and tickled her leg, making her giggle. I smiled, my eyes slowly shifting to Tyler again. He looked up at me. I turned away, smiling at my daughter.

|

Not wanting to fight with him in front of my daughter or Carol, I walked out to the hall with Tyler. Fortunately, there weren't many people around.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"My mom called me after her fall. I just wanted to check on her," he said. He would barely even meet my eyes. 

"That's it? That's all you have to say to me?" I asked.

"What do you want to say, Rory?" he wondered.

"Anything! I just want you to say something, Tyler. I almost died and you just stood there. Then you leave with the people who almost killed me and now you're here," I snapped.

"I don't know what to say. I just came back to see my mom," he told me.

I nodded. "Good to know how much me and your daughter mean to you," I said, going back into the hospital room.

|

Carol fell asleep after a little while. I couldn't blame her, she had several injuries.

Tyler walked out into the hall and I followed after grabbing my bag.

I found him in the hall talking to Jules. "We have to get out of here," the woman was telling him.

"You're right about that," I said.

She looked at me, swearing. "Great, this one," she muttered.

"Don't even start. You tried to kill me and my sister. You had an advantage last time. That's long gone, so I reccomend you get out of here before I kill you," I said.

"Look, princess, I don't have time for this," Jules said. She grabbed Tyler's arm and tried to drag him out.

"You're going with her?" I snapped at him. He yanked his arm out of Jules' hold and turned to face me.