Ch. 15 The Departed

DEAL
[3×22]

AFTER WE ALL FINISHED CELEBRATING, ALL OF US HEADED HOME. Unfortunately, Caroline and I weren't there long before we got a call from Jeremy. Elena had passed out, with blood coming from her nose and ears.

Jeremy had taken her to the hospital where they were told that she was fine, but we were all now worried. Me, Matt, Tyler, and Caroline were all with her again, making sure the doppelganger didn't drop dead. Caroline and I were currently helping Elena inside. "Couch," Caroline commanded as soon as we were in the house.

"I'm fine. I just- I want something to eat first," Elena said.

"We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets," Tyler said. Him and Matt took off, searching the house for any unwanted visitors.

"All right. Couch, now," Caroline said.

"Ugh, I told you, I'm fine," Elena said, but headed in that direction.

"Doctor says rest, you rest," Caroline said, grabbing a blanket. Elena sat down and Caroline put the blanket over her. "Now what can I get you? Do you want some tea? Maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep." Elena gave Caroline a look.

"I know. I'm being smothering. It's what I do," Caroline said, sitting down next to the doppelganger. I dropped into a chair nearby.

"No, it's- it's nice," Elena told her.

Caroline smiled. "I'm thinking, maybe tea with vodka," she said.

"Ugh, I already have a headache. I am hoping it is from earlier and not another stupid vision thingie," I whined.

"Did you ever figure out what caused those?" Elena wondered.

"Kol explained it, but all I care about is getting rid of them and he doesn't know how to do that," I said.

"Sorry," Elena said.

I shrugged. "I'll deal," I said.

|

Caroline and Tyler left after getting a call from our mom and Carol. Me and Matt stayed. I was curled up in a chair, half asleep. Elena suddenly woke up. "Oh, hey," I said.

"Where is everyone?" Elena asked.

"Tyler and Caroline got a call from their moms. What were you dreaming about?" Matt asked.

"Sophomore year," Elena admitted.

I groaned, bad memories coming back. "Oh, I hated sophomore year. I was a brat. And I was pregnant by the second semester," I said.

Matt and Elena smiled. "You were a brat," Matt agreed. Elena nodded.

I rolled my eyes. "That ended real quick when I saw two pink lines show up," I said. "That seems like forever ago." I pulled out my phone, looking through pictures.

"It was," Elena agreed.

"I can't believe I still have some of these," I said. I showed them a picture of the three of us and Tyler. "That was the last time all of us were together before I left."