3.

Omniscient.
June 25, 2016.
10:00am.

• • •

A nervous Summer sat in the visiting room waiting to see Preston, after finally having the courage to tell him what's been on her mind she didn't know how he was going to react to her basically killing their child

A nervous Summer sat in the visiting room waiting to see Preston, after finally having the courage to tell him what's been on her mind she didn't know how he was going to react to her basically killing their child. She hadn't known she was four weeks pregnant, when she went out and got drunk all those weekends. She didn't know that the first time she hit him up that no one knew about to have sex was the night she'd gotten pregnant and losing their child was all on her because of all the alcohol she had consumed between then and two weeks ago when she miscarried.

Seeing him sit in front of her she picked the phone up and swallowed hard. "Um hey" she spoke softly feeling her voice crack already.

"Sup, whatcha doing here? It's been two months and all of a sudden you're here to see me now?" Preston spoke up feeling a bit of hurt. "I know what I did to you was wrong, and I couldn't have apologized enough Summer." He shook his head hating how weak he was for her.

He knew he was wrong for ever raising his hand to her, verbally abusing her and all the other shit he had done to fuck her up mentally and emotionally. But the truth was she was the first girl he ever loved and he didn't know how to handle something like that, he didn't want to lose her so he thought that if his uncle, the man he grew up with did it he should too. He remembered his uncle telling him he had to train women, if they don't listen you had to make them listen! It wasn't until he turned fourteen he started to hit women and and it made him feel good at first.

He hadn't known how to treat a woman until he moved with his brother at the age of nineteen and he moved him in with him. They both were adopted by different family members when they were younger and had got separated at the age of of five and seven, Bricks grew up with the loving aunt who he now called mom while Preston got the shorter end of the stick.

In the beginning he did everything his brother did to his girl, it was up until summer started to wear less and be comfortable with her body he'd changed. He didn't like how the men called at her, how they looked at her or anything. He became controlling, and he hadn't even known he was his uncle.

"Preston I didn't come here for this okay? You know I don't even like talking about that. You've apologized and I've heard you but does that erase the bruises, scars or the fact I don't feel cute sometimes because I feel like a attention seeking hoe?" She let out a breath and closed her eyes. "Just give up, I'm not coming back to you. I don't have to deal with that and I won't" She told him truthfully.

He looked at her and shook his head, he felt his heartbreak losing the only girl he ever loved. The only girl he wanted a future with and he knew he fucked all of that up the day Bricks beat his ass and threatened to put him out on the streets and stop his money from coming in if he even looked at summer the wrong way. Of course it was always family first but when a certain family member is doing wrong Bricks wouldn't hesitate to put them in their place, wrong was wrong.