9.

Y'all got me fucked up only nine chapters in 😂😂 leave me alone! If my story isn't going how you want it then write your own shit bye! Anyways.. it's up to y'all to pay attention the dates in each chapter hell; days, weeks and months do go by enjoy 🤭

Summer J.
August 4, 2016.
1:20pm.

• • •

"Are we really about to talk about animals?" He did a small chuckle making my insides melt. "Whatever you want though." He paused. "I'd like to be a lion though" He responded to the question I'd asked, if we could be any animal what would he be and why?

I took a spoon full of my Ice-cream shoving it into my mouth, sitting in the tub. With no water, just me on the phone. I'd always do stupid shit this while I was on the phone. "Typical king of the jungle bullshit?" I scoffed. "Be original, give me something Jerome" I laughed.

"Alright alright, you really want me to go deep with this huh?" He sighed. "It all comes down to an owl, and before you clown me let me tell you why" He laughed already hearing me chuckle. "Owls are unique in their own ways. One being essence of true wisdom and two they can see what others can't" He laughed. "Man I'll have you on here about this shit all day if I could. What you doing?"

I thought about it, he made valid points. "I'm sitting in the tub eating ice-cream" I heard him chuckle. "What?"

"Nothing who just eats ice-cream in the tub though? That shit weird."

I smacked my lips. "I'm not actually bathing I'm just sitting here, shut up.. you know you never answered winters question?" I stood up and walked out the bathroom, going into the kitchen to trash the container.

"What question?" He played dumb. "Look we only got five minutes-"

"Answer the question." I demanded, folding my arms.

I know a week had gone by since that message but it's been on my mind since then and I had to know for my own reasons. After he called me five days ago we'd argued the whole fifteen minutes. His excuse was he needed some time to think. I decided to let it go because there was no reason I was mad, or that he should of been. We'd only known each other for almost two months now, and it felt like I've known him forever.

"I meant what I said Summer" He blew out a breath. "You always find a way to kill the conversations"

"Well I'm just an overthinker Jerome. You can't say shit like that and expect my mind not to wonder" Taking a sip of my water I had just got out of the freezer, I waited on him to respond.

"I mean I like the conversations, you just seem to get me without judging me you know?" He paused. "I like the fact we could talk about anything and not get bored with the conversation, from down to earth shit or just hearing about your crazy ass days" I smiled. "Other than the fact I had never seen you I do like you summer, it's too soon to tell in what way but when we don't talk it do affect me" He took a deep breath. "I don't know how to word it right now, I'm just glad I met you. You keep me sane"

I really didn't know what to say at all. My mouth was open but I just couldn't form any words but "wow" I had never had no man express their feelings towards me, so bluntly or straight forward.