11.

Jerome W.
August 10, 2016.
7:40am.

• • •

"Call me Mr. Hit that shit" I laughed at Bricks dancing around the room smiling ear to ear. "Im finna hit my bitch... hit my bitch" He started to milly rock and I shook my head.

"Bro what you so hype this early for?" I stood up and stretched walking in the bathroom to piss.

"Winter got approved for the Conjugal visits and she on her waaaaaaaaaaaay" He started to sing, I washed my hands laughing at this fool. "Three months too damn long bro."

"What happened to letting her go so she could focus?" I teased. "Pussy ass called her back the next day 'bae im sorry, but get yo shit together though forreal' Pusssssy asss boy" I joked and we burst into laughter.

"Listen man, I bet she got her shit together. I love her and I don't give a fuck who know it. I ain't scared to show affection to my lady." He shrugged. "Wassup with you and sis thou?"

"What you mean?"

"Shit, y'all ain't talked in a few days.. y'all ain't friends nomo?" He raised a brow sitting on his bed sliding his socks on. "Shit, you like her don't you?"

I rubbed my head and chuckled. "She been going through some with helping out her employee and shit, I figured I'd give her some space to work that out. Imma call her today, she asked me too." I smiled a little. "She cool and I like her, but be real we only using each other for conversation. Ain't known her long." I told the truth.

He looked to be in deep thought for a minute. "Shit, I fell for Winter in a month and look at us now. It's even possible to feel someobody tough within a week bro. After Preston Im just happy you make her laugh and shit now" He stood to walk out. "Just go with the flow, she a good one."

I stopped him from walking out. "Who is Preston bro?"

"Whaaaaat? Whoooooooooo?" He slowly walk towards the door and ran out. I shook my head and figured I'd just ask her when I called her.

Her being busy was apart of the reason I hadn't called since the day I opened up to her about me maybe liking her more than I should have. When she didn't respond I figured I had ran her off by being honest with her. She hadn't brung it up in the messages so I knew she didn't feel how I felt. It's not like I told her I was In Love with her or something I just simply expressed me liking her more than a friend. I'd never been the one to hold back what I'm feeeling in the moment and I wouldn't start with her.

Looking at the date they had set me for trial I got depressed thinking about it because it was six months away which meant, I'd be in here for a year and the shit wasn't fair at all but that's how the system did the black men. As long as Sandra wouldn't speak up the longer they were going to look at me like a monster that I wasn't at all. The only thing I did was accidentally kill her dad, even then I didn't mean it.

It was sad how far someone would go for a person they claimed to love. I'd never been Inlove or knew how to love properly because my mom never loved me the way I wanted her too. She thought tough love was the best way to raise a man and it wasn't at all. Sure she'd always been there for me and took care of me but she just wasn't as emotionally attached to me as some mothers were to their children. But, my father was a great man and there for me all around up until, Sandra lied to them. It hurt me that he turned his back on me the most.