39.

Omniscient.
December 23, 2016.
1:29pm.

That same day.

• • •

Summer sat and stared at Jerome from his kitchen as she listened to him explain what had happened the night he left the restaurant and ghosted her up until the events that took place just hours before she'd arrived to his home finding him bruised ...

Summer sat and stared at Jerome from his kitchen as she listened to him explain what had happened the night he left the restaurant and ghosted her up until the events that took place just hours before she'd arrived to his home finding him bruised up and so drunk he hadn't even remembered reaching out for her to come to him. She found herself crying at the end of the story, she'd felt bad for JJ because at one point he was her godson and she did get to bond with him a little and now the only thing she had left of him was their pictures she had with him and of him.

"Okay give me this." She took the bottle from Jerome seeing he'd had enough to drink. "And we could talk after you get some sleep." Her small bodied tried to pick him up but failed miserably.

"Or - or I could tell you how beautiful you are?" He pulled her onto his lap. "And that I'm glad I stalked the shit out you." He laughed making her blush and laugh a little.

"You're drunk Jerome." She giggled as he started to snore slightly. "Come on stand up." She shook him and he did as told, managing to get him into his bed she stripped him and looked for an first aid kit to clear up his knuckles and swollen lip from where Sonja had hit him.

Finally finding what she needed she started to patch him up and let her mind drift off to the fact that he'd asked her to be his and even have a baby. She wanted nothing more than the two things but she wasn't dumb, she knew this was his cry for help after finding out what had happed to his son. Although she wanted to be with him and have a child she knew now wasn't the time for neither.

Hearing him break down all the events that happened had upset her but she needed him to sober up before voicing her opinion on how he treated Sonja, Cookie and even Cheree. He was so drunk he hadn't even noticed he confessed a lot of things to her, about his childhood and about his past relations as well. He'd talked so much, he even admitted to loving summer so much he been wanted to start a family as soon as he got out, so that was the liquor talking but also the truth. He just hadn't had the chance to see if they were going to be a thing or not, even if she wanted to have another child. So it slipping through text messages was something he'd been feeling for a while.

Summer was upset how he had treated the three women in his home, especially Sonja because she knew that Sonja loved her big brother and wanted what was best for him. He had no right to Keep throwing Amir up in her face, nor talking to her the way he did and having her scared that he was going to harm her or her child. It didn't sit well with Summer that Sonja had became afraid that she felt she needed to remove her son from her brothers presence.

She was upset her called his mother a deadbeat bitch. Even if that was true it was still a line he crossed that was too disrespectful to the woman that birthed him and made ends meet and a young age to make sure he was always good. She may have not be emotionally attached to them be he could never say she didn't make sure he was always safe and took care of.

Summer was afraid of him being drunk because he'd showed her signs of Preston with his behavior. Especially how'd he roughed up Cheree, basically putting his hands on a woman and calling her names. Summer didn't want to compare him to Preston because she knew he was different but it didn't change the fact of how he'd acted while drunk and it bothered her.

"Why didn't you come check on me sooner?" Jerome mumbled pulling her into him making Summer lay on top of him while he held her close, silently sobbing.

He felt safe when she was around, and he didn't want to let her go or to scare her off how he did his sister and mother. So he tried to shut his mouth as much as he could while Summer was around.

"Well I did, you didn't open the door and you made sure Sonja didn't either." Summer shrugged getting comfortable in his arms. "I'm upset with you though."

"What can I do to make it better?" He mumbled. "I'll fuck you so good, and eat your pussy until your legs shake so bad you tap out.." He chuckled. "We should do that right now." He opened his eyes a little seeing Summer shake her head at him trying to hide her laugh.

"Go to sleep Jerome. I'm going to clean for you." She kissed his cheek and decided to clean up the mess he had made and pour out any liquor that she found.

______

5:00pm.

Waking up with a banging headache Jerome smirked seeing summer laying at the end of the bed in just his shirt

Waking up with a banging headache Jerome smirked seeing summer laying at the end of the bed in just his shirt. He wasn't sure when she'd gotten there but seeing her made him a little happier. Grabbing his phone he went to take a picture of her but then he'd seen the messages of him asking her to be his and have his baby. His heart dropped as he eased out of the bed, still feeling a little buzzed he grabbed the medicine that had been sitting out for him and took it.

"What the fuck?" He scratched his head walking around his spotless house looking for Sonja.

Taking a seat on the couch he closed his eyes and tried to remember anything from the last four days and that's when it all hit him at once. "Shit shit shit" he rushed to grab his phone calling Sonja only find out she'd blocked his number. Unbeknownst she'd just go on her flight back to live with their grandmother, and washed her hands with him after what he had pulled.

"Guess you remember?" Summer startled him walking into the kitchen, warming up his food she had cooked before she took a nap. "I'm so disappointed-"

"I know baby, I know." Jerome held his head from spinning. "I bet she hates me now." He sighed bouncing his leg. "Imma fix this." He mumbled to himself.

Summer handed him his plate and bit her lip. "Who's exactly Cheree?" She asked and he tensed up at the name.

"Well she's - I - what I say about her?" He asked taking a bite of the smothered porkchop doing a dance at how good it was.

Summer sucked her teeth and folded her arms. "She's my bestfriend, we messed around when we was younger. Got her pregnant, she got an abortion and disappeared. Now she's back, she was the one I was with that night I came to the bowling alley and that's it." Jerome shrugged eating the rest of his food.

"Summer, I may have been drunk when I texted you but I was serious.." Jerome scratched the back of his neck. "I love you and I want to be with you, have children and all of that." He confessed.

Summer cleared her throat. "Jerome I don't think-"

"It's fine, no need to explain." He cut her off. "Thanks for being here for me, you could go now." He stood and walked off to his room leaving her standing there.