21.

Summer J.
November 5, 2016.
3:00pm.

• • •

"Dre have you lost your damn mind?" I held my chest as he stomped down on his brakes in the middle of the road. We were on our way to get Winter and Naomi, since they were at Winters appointment to check on the baby. We decided to have a family day with just us.

"My bad, she got me fucked up" He mumbled and pulled to the side. I looked to see what he was talking about and then my mouth dropped seeing Myra damn near naked smiling and laughing in one of my employees faces, that I'd recently hired.

I only say she's naked because she never wore things like this at all

I only say she's naked because she never wore things like this at all. She was always covered up, and if I could see her nipples from where I'm sitting I know damn well Jahn was staring hard.

The last I'd heard from Dre was they broke up the morning after losing their baby and he was so hurt he had to sleep with me behind losing her as a girlfriend, he was really heartbroken blowing her up for four days straight until he told me he knew how to get her attention, not saying what that was I guess it hadn't worked because he was back to crying and beating himself up, even harder this time around.

I got out of the car when Dre just walked up to Jahn and punched him. "Dre.." I called him sternly pushing him back and his chest heaved up and down. "This ain't it, and you're not about to get out of character" I grabbed his face into my hands, I didn't know what was going on but we didn't need him sitting in jail again. Id learned the night he beat Sandra's dad ass that he blanks out when he gets pushed too far, and there was no telling if he'd actually go as far as killing someone with his bare hands if it came down to it.

"Summer watch out, I just want to talk to him for a little minute"

He tried to go around me and Jahn just held his face and ran off, it wasn't funny at all because he was a sweetheart and I was sure he wasn't even Myra's type. But seeing him run off like that almost made me laugh. "You gone fuck with a pussy now?" Dre walked up to Myra and she met him halfway.

"You fucked the biggest hoe around here right?" She snapped back and I sat on the curb being nosy, like the person I was. I wanted to know what was going on and Dre wasn't going to tell me.

He sucked his teeth. "Whatever, nipples all out and shit, shorts bout so far up ya ass I know they stank." They stood face to face.

"Don't be rolling up on me, fuck you!" She pushed him, tears falling down her face. "I trusted you, and that's how you do me Dremond? Was it because I wasn't fucking you on the regular?" She slapped him, and he just held his face letting tears of his own fall. "I let you in Dre, I let you know my fears about dating you and you do the shit I stressed to you! You broke my heart!" She sat down and put her head into her hands and I sat next to her letting her cry into my lap. My heart was breaking for them.

"Did you even care about losing our baby? It was four days before you were fucking my Bestfriend!!! You did that to me?" She pointed to herself. "I was at home crying about our child and the fact that I maybe wouldn't be able to give you kids in the future I thought we had! That's why I broke up with you, I wanted better for you, but you don't deserve me. One thing my father taught me was my worth and you ain't shit but a little ass boy trying to be a man." She stood up.

"Myra don't do this, I'm sorry. It was stupid, I wanted your attention and the way I went about it was stupid as fuck." He grabbed her hands into his. "I couldn't bring myself to fuck her, I shouldn't have even entertained her at all but I did and I know me apologizing won't mean shit because I still let her suck on my neck and suck me up" He grabbed her face into his.

I wanted so badly to beat his ass like he was my child, and I honestly didn't know how long I could hold my composure. I had heard enough to know that, messing with her friend was not the way to get her attention. I get that he was young, but heartbreak hurt the same no matter the age, and I was going to let him know that in private. No matter if this was my business or not.

I knew what it felt like to lose a child and having to go through it alone, and I also knew how it felt to give someone your all for them to turn around and hurt you after they promised not too.

"I'm sorry Dre... I can't, and I won't. You made your choice, and I'm making mines." She stepped back and looked at him wiping her eyes. "I wish you the best."

"Baby.. please don't do this to me. I didn't fuck her" I watched as he dropped to his knee's and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"So I can go get my pussy ate by your Bestfriend and you'd come back to me because I didn't fuck him?" She asked and removed his arms. He just dropped his head. "Exactly" She shook her head and then walked away to her car, I could tell Dre wanted to run after her but he just got into his car and waited for me before pulling off.

"Dre you were-"

"I know summer, I know." He cut me off and let his tears fall freely.

_____

10:00pm.

Getting out of the shower, I sat on my bed watching as Naomi and Dre were fast asleep. Naomi was on his chest with her small arms wrapped around him while Dre sniffled in his sleep. Today had been cancelled because no one was too much in the mood.

I was excited that me and Winter were graduating next month, and the month after she'd have her business plan getting worked on. But, little did she know Bricks had already been getting her building built from the ground up to be ready for when she gets her degree and license. After graduation I was officially going to be working at the hospital, and no longer the manager over the restaurant. To say I was proud of us would have been an understatement.

"Summer come HERE!" Winter yelled and I rushed to her room, thinking it was the baby. But she just handed me her phone, and I looked at what she was showing me.

From: Peyton Williams.

Summer.. I don't know what's going through your mind, but as for me? It's killing me not being able to talk to you. I just need a chance to explain to you my side of the story... I know it looks bad but please let me explain the truth. I can't sleep, eat or nothing. I LOVE YOU Summer and if you loved me how'd you expressed to bricks then you'll give me a chance.... fuck that I'm in love with you and rather you want to hear me out or not right now, you WILL let me explain.

I really do love you and I'm innocent...

-Jerome

I felt the lump in my throat as I handed her phone and collapsed on her bed letting the tears fall in a fetal position. I would have heard him out if he was honest from jump and the fact just yesterday his whole situation was plastered on the news, they'd found his DNA inside of her, they even had pictures of her bruises from that night and it made me sick to my stomach seeing his picture up there as they explained the horrible things he had did.

They didn't know who leaked it, but it was out there and I couldn't hear shit he had to say at this point he was just trying to cover his ass! My heart was hurting, and him telling me he loved me just broke me for good.