26. "Part One"

Omniscient.
November 15, 2016.
5:00pm.

That same day.

• • •

Jerome watched at the bartender lined his shots up and filled each glass

Jerome watched at the bartender lined his shots up and filled each glass. He wasted no time throwing them back as his mind drifted off to summer, and the fact that his first time seeing her was not how he expected it. She was beautiful, and he wanted so badly to just hold her and tell his truth, but he was too afraid to do so.

His mind was all over the place for the simple fact he loved this woman and she didn't want to hear him out or believe him. The way she was acting was the very reason he'd kept it to himself, and when he did tell her she didn't get the messages and found out through Sandra, someone she considered a friend.

Scrolling on his phone he found her on Facebook, and decided to send her a request to see if she'd talk to him that way. He didn't want to do anything crazy like pop up on her but if he had to he would, he just wanted to at-least clear the air.

Looking up from his drinks he seen the woman that had been eyeing him all day walk past him and wave with a smirk on her face.

Deciding to get up and follow her he caught up to her and asked if she wanted to chill back at his place and have a few drinks of their own

Deciding to get up and follow her he caught up to her and asked if she wanted to chill back at his place and have a few drinks of their own. She'd agreed, and he figured he needed to do something to get his mind off of summer.

__________

6:00pm.

Summer sat on the porch as tears fell down her face, watching the rain hit the ground

Summer sat on the porch as tears fell down her face, watching the rain hit the ground. After arriving home seeing Jerome for the second time she'd finally broke down. Ignoring Sandra's call for the sixth time she'd blocked her number figuring she was only hitting her up to let her know that Jerome was out and she honestly didn't want to talk to her.

Taking a sip of her drink she let out a breath, just thinking. She'd thought maybe she was just Inlove with how he'd talked to her while in prison and that it would blow over. But, seeing him only confirmed that the feelings were mutual maybe even harder to deal with since he's out and she couldn't bring herself to speak to him. She wanted to so bad, but then she thought of Sandra and the shit she had seen on the news and went against it.

She hated the fact he made her catch butterflies seeing him both times, and she froze both times seeing him. She hated the fact she wanted to run into his arms, and kiss him. She wanted so bad to believe that she shit she heard and seen was lies, she wanted him to tell her he didn't do it and seeing him out she wanted to believe he was out because he was innocent. She wanted to but something wouldn't let her.

That something kept her from believing her instincts. She didn't know if it was because she'd seen her guilty uncle get away with raping her when she was a fresh teen and no one believed her, and she knew how it felt not to be believed for something so traumatic. So she sided with Sandra, and after seeing the evidence she had made up her mind. She'd told Jerome about that time and she hadn't even told Winter about that. She felt betrayed because at any point Jerome could have opened up to her if he didn't do it, but instead he'd listened to stories of her being abused by men and that's what he was locked up for. She felt like he didn't care enough about her to be honest from the start, or even help her understand. She felt stupid.

Standing to her feet she walked into her house, and into her bedroom calling Kayco. She knew he said that it was best if he distance me himself but she honestly just wanted to talk to him. Seeing he didn't answer she let out a frustrated sigh, running her fingers through her hair. Knowing she was tipsy she didn't want to get behind the wheel, so she just laid there crying.

Her phone lit up and she sucked her teeth seeing Jerome send her a friend request on Facebook. Scrolling through his page she smiled at pictures of him, and decided to accept his request hoping he'd reach out to her. She just wanted something to prove to herself that she was wrong about judging him. As she waited an hour he still hadn't wrote her, and she was afraid to write him first.

Taking the last swig of Hennessy she stood to her feet and grabbed her Keys. She'd remembered bricks mentioned he stayed right across from the store forty minutes away. Stumbling to her car she got in and started it, backing out of the drive way she needed answers and in this state of mind she wanted them now. She needed to know this man she'd giving her heart too.

A drunken heartbroken summer made the conscious decision to drive to Jerome's home...