33.

Dremond B.
December 8, 2016.
12:20am.

• • •

Finally putting Naomi to sleep in her own bed I snuck out of her room and into my own

Finally putting Naomi to sleep in her own bed I snuck out of her room and into my own. I had the house to myself since Winter was now staying with bricks and their babies being only a week old and he had more space at his house for them and summer snuck off with Jerome.

Walking back into my room, I smiled seeing Myra had fell asleep. Laying beside her she turned and laid her head on my chest. "I told you she could sleep with us." She mumbled as I rubbed her back soothingly.

"She got to get used to sleeping on her own, she getting older." I shrugged. "I can't believe you're leaving in two days." I sighed making her look up to me.

"Don't make me feed bad." She pouted. "We're both doing what's best for us and schooling there for me is what's best and your child and family is what's best for you." She kissed my lips. "We'd still be friends." She closed her eyes again.

"Yeah.. friends." I mumbled trying not to let it bother me that she'd let me know that right now she couldn't forgive me about what had happened and she wouldn't force herself too because then we'd be toxic, and she'd be insecure and there was no point in a relationship when she didn't trust me. I understood all of that, but I wanted her and I know I wouldn't have fucked up again but from her point I understood and that's why I didn't pressure her into being with me. I brung this on myself when I let her friend top me.

The only reason she agreed to stay the night tonight was because Naomi had cried to see her and she wouldn't go to sleep until Myra had came over. So me getting to even hold Myra and have any type of conversation with her was nice for me. I missed her, and I know she missed me too but it was harder for her to admit.

Hearing my phone go off and I reached over Myra to grab it.

Sonja💙: Hey can you open the door? Summer said it was okay to come here for the night. Her and Jerome disrespectful.

I furrowed my eyebrows and got up to open the door, It's not that I didn't like her. I just didn't like the fact that she broke my cousins heart after they did what they did, and then she basically just cut him off. But she did say that he'd went a few days without talking to her after it, so she just figured he used her for one thing. Which wasn't true he was just scared because he'd lost his virginity to her too, and didn't know how to tell her he loved her so he had to get the courage to do so. When he did she'd basically ghosted him and then a month later she moved.

"Hey.." She smiled and I grabbed the car seat and bag from her, letting her in.

"Wassup." I looked at her as she walked by and shook my head catching myself staring at her ass. "It's late and you could sleep in Winters old room." I led the way helping her get settled in and getting my little cousin out of his seat.

"Thank you Dre." She smiled at me. "I know you don't really care for me, but I appreciate you being there for Amir." She grabbed him. "And I'll like to be friends, our kids can be close." She shrugged.

I nodded as if saying it was cool before going to make sure the door was locked, seeing it open I frowned knowing I'd closed it. Slowly walked to the door Naomi had started to come out her room. "Go back to bed baby, in the room with Myra" I told her paranoid.

" I want you-"

"Naomi get your little ass in the room and now!" She jumped and started to cry because I'd never yelled or cursed at her.

Hearing small cries as I got closer to the door I quickly grabbed the baby who'd sat there with a note taped on the door.

Grabbing them both I looked to see if anyone was around, seeing the baby was dirty and smelled my father instincts kicked in, closing the door I ran some water in the sink. While I did that I opened the note and heavy folder I'd gotten from the porch as well.

"Hey I thought I could do this on my own but I couldn't, I could at first but I'd recently lost my job and my husband after finding out that our baby wasn't his. I know I'm to blame for even messing with a child half my age, but I always saw how you cherished your daughter and I know Brooklyn would be well took care of. I have to turn myself in because I was on the run for robbing banks/stores just to provide and this ain't the life to live for our baby Dremond. I couldn't face you so I'd followed you for a week and we ran out of food... please take care of our baby and let her know that mommy loves her always. I hope that you could bring her to see me one day. She's ten months, and in the folder is all of her important documents. Also me signing her over to you for full custody.

-Keisha.

I dropped my head and the paper looking up to the little girl who looked up to me with her big brown eyes.