20. "Part One"

Omniscient.
October 31, 2016.
10:40pm.

The next morning.

• • •

Dre sat on the couch in the hospital room as his leg bounced up and down

Dre sat on the couch in the hospital room as his leg bounced up and down. He'd missed school today just to try to be there for Myra after losing their child last night. The tension was noticeable between the two for various reasons.

She was mad at him because instead of being there for her he'd spent last night being held in jail for how he'd beat her step-father. He didn't meant to blank out and damn near put him into a coma but he reacted off his emotions and the fact he even hit her, let alone kill his child that would of been his second born.

He was upset with himself because of how he had acted in front of his child and now she was afraid to go to him. She'd never seen him like that, nor has he got to that point around her so it was new for her and she was terrified of her own father. To Dre that was his biggest concern at the moment and the loss of his youngest child, not Myra giving him the cold shoulder.

Myra turned on her side facing the flowers Dre had brung her and picked one from the vase smelling it as the tears fell down her face. She was hurt because as soon as she'd found out she was even having a child, her baby was ripped from her hours later. She didn't know how to feel because although she'd only messed around once the night after Dre's party she didn't think she would get pregnant on that slip up. When he failed to pull out she didn't want to have intercourse any more until she got on the pill.

They'd agreed on that, but she never got around to getting on the pill nor did Dre pressure her too just so they could have sex. He loved her and whatever she wanted to do with her body was her choice, even if that meant not having sex at all. Their relationship was deeper than sex and the furthest thing from his mind.

Dre took his jacket off and stood to his feet asking her mother- Cassandra for a minute alone with Myra. Although, Cassandra judged him the night before, seeing what a great young man he was and the way he'd protected her daughter told her a lot. Also seeing Naomi cry for her father as if he was being ripped from her told her that he was a great father, and there was no doubt he would of stepped up for her grandchild.

She pressed charges against her husband, no matter how much she loved him or stood by his side her daughter came first. Especially seeing how he didn't hesitate to slap her child, nor kill her grandchild and that alone was a crime. That was murder and she'd make sure he went down for it. Cassandra was over protective of her only child, and for a man that wasn't her biological father to treat her child that way? She wasn't having it, and she would never put any man before her child.

After stepping out Dre walked to Myra's bed and climbed in behind her, not caring if she was mad at him or not. "I'm sorry baby" He sighed and wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer to him as he let tears of his own fall as well. "Why you didn't tell me?" He asked referring to the pregnancy.

Myra felt safe in his arms, tasting the salty tears. "I didn't know until yesterday morning" She hiccuped. "When I called in I had been throwing up all night and it carried over to the morning." She sniffled turning to lay her head on his chest. "I was venting to my Bestfriend and I finally told her I wasn't a Virgin anymore, she rushed over with a test." She paused. "Turns out it was two lines on it, I was going to tell you after dinner to see what we were going to do but-" She cut herself off sobbing harder than before.

"It's okay, I got you." Dre choked up, tears stinging his eyes. "It's not your fault" He kissed her forehead and let the tears fall as he closed his eyes. Losing a Child wasn't something he was expecting to experience, and it hurt as bad as losing Morgan; Naomi's mother.

It was harder for Myra because the amount of force her father put into the kick may have caused her not to have kids down the line, and the fact he did that to her broke her heart. He'd never hit her before, and to live with the fact the man she looked up to ripped her child away from her cut her deep. She had never been hit or done wrong by a man in her life, and the first time she experienced something like that? She was terrified that it was her father. On top of that, she lost her first child behind it. She didn't know how to feel or what to feel.

She felt like she'd let Dre down and any hopes he had for another kid especially since they'd said she couldn't have anymore, she thought deep down he'd blamed her one day and that he deserved a woman that could give him children as they got older because he was a great father and any kid would be lucky to have him as a dad.

"Dre, I think it's best if we break up."

______

Meanwhile Sandra was getting discharged to leave the hospital with her beautiful baby boy, hearing her phone go off she checked it. Her mouth and heart dropped as she played a video from the night she'd accused Jerome of raping her.

She watched as she willingly had sex with him, up until her dad had charged for Jerome and even Jerome breaking down because of what he had done to her father. She knew she was the only one to have had these tapes from her house and if this got to anyone else she'd be away from her child.

Tears fell down her face as she packed her sons car seat, and diaper bag. She had to figure out somewhere to go because she couldn't take a black baby to her family, nor could she go back to her home because now she was afraid.

Hearing the door open she looked at the strange man who walked in with a devilish smirk on his face.