17. "Part One"

Omniscient
October 27, 2016.
10:50pm.

Same night.

• • •

Sandra stared down at her baby in disbelief that he'd came out black. As if it wasn't bad enough the doctors had told her that her baby was a girl at first later to find out it was a boy, and she was further than what she'd expected. She'd only messed with one black man her entire life so she knew that he was Jerome's baby. Which made her sick to her stomach.

After sending Summer out for privacy she kissed her sons forehead with tears pouring from her eyes. "What did momma do to daddy?" She asked and shook her head bitterly. Although she wasn't in-love with him, she did love him a lot but she did what was best for her and what her father asked of her.

She didn't know when she fell for her father but for as long as she could remember she'd been doing sexually acts with her father since she was a small child. At first when she was younger she knew it was wrong, until her mother told her it was fine. As she hit the age of sixteen, she started to enjoy the things he did to her how he'd made her body feel, in her twenties she fell in love with him. She knew it was wrong, but it's what she was used too. Her mother never told her it was wrong, neither did her father.

When her father told her it was okay to date someone else she'd fell for Jerome, a hardworking loving man. She never paid attention to the signs, her father made them purposely get to know each other. It wasn't a coincidence, and when he told her to claim he raped her she listened because after all she loved him more than she loved Jerome at the time.

Her father was so bitter because his wife had stepped out on him with Jerome's father, and instead of ruining Idris life he went after his son since that's who he was close too. Jerome was Idris pride and joy; his first born. His only son, his mini me. Sandra's dad figured to hurt him how his wife had hurt him stepping out with a black man and that was after the person he cared for the most- his son.

Neither Sandra or Jerome knew about their parents infidelity, and for Sandra she would never find out because she listened to her father, and it caused him his life. She knew she shouldn't have done it, but after he beat her she wouldn't risk her life for Jerome's and that's what it came too. Her or Jerome, of course she chose herself.

That night she set Jerome up she' didn't think she'd lose her father or find out she was nine weeks pregnant. Jerome wasn't even a thought in her mind as a possibility for her child, she just knew she was carrying her fathers child.

She'd gotten closer too Jerome's family so he could have no one as her father told her to do, she'd lied about the baby being his to get in good. But now? She had no choice but to reach out to his mother and let her know her grandson was definitely born, and he was definitely Jerome's twin.

"What did you make me do dad?" She sobbed latching her son on to her breast.

Putting her head down she stared at her son and let the tears fall

Putting her head down she stared at her son and let the tears fall. "I'm going to love you, no matter if our family accepts you or not" She kissed his cheek hearing him suck his lips she giggled at the beauty she'd just birthed.

Hearing knocks at the door Summer walked in. "Having a black baby is not the end of the world girl. Stop crying" She joked to lighten the mood. "Let me see him" She placed hand sanitizer on and grabbed him. "What's his name?"

"Just call him JJ" She looked away not able to face summer right now. "Named after his father" She put her head down.

After finding out summer and Jerome were talking Sandra made it her business to snoop through her things since she never had passwords on anything it was easy. She got close to summer just to make sure Jerome never brung up her name or the reason he was locked up. Because if it came down to it, she wouldn't lose a friend like summer so this lie she had created would go on for as long as she wouldn't face the consequences for it. She'd told summer all these horrible things about Jerome, she'd never mentioned his name or where he was locked up at so summer had no idea who she was referring too.

Summer didn't know the man she'd secretly fell Inlove with over these last four almost five months, was this monster Sandra painted him to be, she was afraid that she loved this man in only five months but he was everything she'd imagined even though he was locked up. She connected with him, their vibe and chemistry were unexpected. But little did she know he fell Inlove with her just as hard.

She watched summer interact with he child and noticed the tears as she held him close to her. "What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"It's just that - my baby.." Summer cut herself off and wiped her eyes. "I would of had a child right now, and it seems everyone around me is, and happy about it. Ya know?" She broke down. "Dre has a baby, you have JJ, and winter has her baby girl.. and all I have is what if's about my child?" She snuggled JJ closer and inhaled his scent.

Sandra felt her heartbreak. "Summer can I be honest with you about something? I seen on your computer?" She let the fake tears start. "The day you told me I could close out of your J-pay?" She said referring to two days ago.

She'd seen Jerome confess to the reason he was locked up, and how' he wouldn't be able to talk to her for a week because of a fight he had got in, she saw Jerome Tell summer the truth, even mention her name and she couldn't lose a good person, a genuine person like Summer. So she had to do this and now.

Summer nodded and waited for whatever she was about to say. "What's going on?" She asked Sandra who started to cry, and scream pulling at her hair.

"My child's father- the one I told you about I saw his name.. I can't believe you'd do that to me.." She faked hurt.

Summer laid the baby down and sat on the bed to soothe Sandra. "What name? What are you talking about? Just calm down and talk to me."

"It's him summer, it's Jerome..."

_______