31.

Summer J.
December 1, 2016.
11:09pm.

That same night.

• • •

I sat in the bowling alley on one of the games waiting to see if Jerome would pop up today

I sat in the bowling alley on one of the games waiting to see if Jerome would pop up today. He thought I was stupid, I'd see him coincidentally everywhere I go and at first it was annoying because he hadn't let up but then I started to want to see him so I texted him on purpose and even bought myself flowers just to see him act up. It was eleven at night and he should have knowing I wasn't tutoring nobody.

I had therapy earlier in the day and we'd discussed my situation with men and how I held on to it for so long. How the fact I had this wall built up because when I'd gave my heart to Preston after the trauma I went through with my uncle and never fully healing from that. He hurt me the same with the cheating, abusing physically and verbally and I never healed from that as well when I started to talk to Jerome and that was the reason I'd distanced myself from him until I found out what was wrong within me before I hurt him.

Seeing how I had hurt Kayco really hurt me, I knew I didn't love him and he knew that too but I shouldn't have played with his feelings knowing that it was just sex for me. I had reached out to him to truly apologize the other day and he let a few tears fall when it was all said and done. That broke me seeing that I'd broke a man because I was confused with myself, the saying hurt people; hurt people was true and I wasn't trying to be that type of woman. Especially to Jerome because I did truly love him, I'd fell for him fast but it was genuine and I couldn't hurt him.

The whole stalking me thing was a joke until he really lived up to his word. When I thought of the word stalk I automatically went to lifetime movies and he was nothing like that. Sure following me around everywhere how he'd been doing was crazy but he didn't embarrass me or treat me like his woman, he just simply let me know and showed me that he was there and he wasn't going to give up because I said so. He'd see me out with other men and the most he'd do was throw away the flowers that someone had got me, and introduce himself saying he would leave but I knew he was still there watching my every move.

Hearing the door chime to the empty bowling alley I smiled seeing him walk in searching for me. Grabbing the flowers I pretended to be just admiring them as if a man had gotten them for me. He was playing games, and I decided to play along. Trying to keep a straight face I saw him frown walking towards me.

"Nigga's and these" he snatched the flowers. "Weak ass flowers" he tossed them in the trash.

"I'm calling the police." I stood up and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. "You think I'm playing? You been stalking me everyday since you been out and I'm honestly scared for my life" My lip quivered from trying not to laugh.