012.

' 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝟐, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒 '
the janet world tour ━━
tacoma, washington !

"I know you can't control him cause he's a grown man, but can you at least keep an eye on him for me while I'm gone? I don't want him getting into anymore trouble. I'll be back in a few days." I spoke over the phone to Keisha. I knew it wasn't her responsibility to worry about him but I needed someone trustworthy and I put every ounce of my trust into her, in spite of only knowing her for about a week.

"No worries, Mika. I'll call you and try my best to keep you updated on his whereabouts. I wish you luck on tour." I thanked her before we said our goodbyes so I could get prepared for my set.

"How does this fit look?" The stylist held up a black and white spotted jumpsuit that reminded me of a cow costume. It was most definitely a no, no for me.

"Hell no, that isn't my style. I thought I made it pretty clear to you what I wanted earlier. I'm not going onstage wearing that." The makeup artist, Janice was attempting to apply the makeup on me but due to my constant moving, she could even barely touch my face.

"You have to step out of your comfort zone, Ms. Richardson, it's-"

"If I wanted to step out of my comfort zone, I would've told you but I don't, so either get me what I asked for or it's gonna get ugly." My patience was weighing thin and I blamed it on the fact that I didn't have my bud to keep me calm.

"I'm sorry, I'll be back with some other pieces then." The female scurried out of the dressing room with a quickness, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I know it's not any of my business, but you aren't supposed to be stressed before you open up for Janet motherfuckin' Jackson." Janice joked, applying the blush to my cheeks.

She was a professional makeup artist born and raised in New York who moved to L.A. and she was the person that I went to for my album release party so I stuck with her instead of scouting for others.

"It's been a long time since I went through a whole day without getting high and this isn't working for me. I'm frustrated beyond measures. I no longer have the fashion stylist who knew what I liked and my boyfriend is far away from me so shit isn't going how I want it to go right now." I practically poured out my heart.

"Oh, that's your problem? Girl, I got some of that good, good stashed in my purse. But I gotta warn ya', it's mixed up with something special." I furrowed my eyebrows, clueless to what she meant by that.

"Special? What kind of special?" I questioned, looking at myself in the mirror. It took me a moment but that's when I realized when she said special, it wasn't just weed- it was laced with something else. Something hardcore that's for sure. I wasn't stupid.

"Oh, no. I would never put that stuff in my system, and you shouldn't either. That'll fuck up everything you have going for yourself." She only chuckled, smoothing the eyeshadow onto my canvas.

"I've got that all under control, girl. I don't do it on the daily basis, it's not like I'm some crackhead that's on the street." She was trying her best to justify doing hardcore drugs but it wasn't justifiable at all.

"Look, I know we haven't known each other that long but I still care about your wellbeing, Janice. You should lay off of the drugs, cause nothing good comes from it." Every word I said went in one ear and out the other but you couldn't help anyone that didn't want to help themselves.