040.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FORTY : BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR . . . WITH A BANG. )

❝    TELL ME IF YOU WANT ME TOGIVE   YOU ALL MY TIME

❝ TELL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO
GIVE YOU ALL MY TIME. WANNA
MAKE IT GOOD FOR YOU 'CAUSE
YOU BLOW MY MIND. I PROMISE,
BOY, THAT I'LL BE TRUE, YOU'RE
THE PERFECT FIND. SO TELL ME
IF YOU WANT ME TO. ❞

EXCERPT : GROOVE THEORY , TELL ME.

Sunday, December 31st, 1995 Beverly Hills, California

IT WAS THE LAST day of the year of 1995, and saying that it was quite a long year would most likely be an understatement. I wasn't proud of majority of the things that I've done during those 365 days, but I knew that the highlight of the year, was the birth of my first child, Amara Raine Shakur-my pride and joy, my sanity. Witnessing the person you brought into the world grow right in front of your eyes was one of the most beautiful parts of life.

"I don't know if going there is a good idea, and I don't want you going either. I care about you, Mika. Why can't you see that being in that atmosphere is nothing but trouble." I was seated on the edge of my bed, watching Larenz stand in front of me while giving me yet another lecture about Death Row Records.

"That's my job, baby. How many times do I have to go through this with you? I'm not hurt, I have not one single scratch on my person. I'm safe, just trust me. Nothing isn't going to happen to me." This was a reoccurring thing, so reoccurring that I became accustomed to it.

"Fine, I'll go. But make sure Tupac doesn't bring Amara there." I nodded, although he didn't even have to tell me that. I never wanted Amara to be around the camp, no matter the circumstances. There were always random people flooding the place, people that didn't even belong there, and I was not trusting of those individuals either.

My daughter's safety meant everything to me, more than my own. "Let me give him a call, you just finish getting ready." I reached over for the telephone that sat on the nightstand before dialing the number that belonged Pac. Me and him were not talking, in fact, whenever it was time for him to pick Amara up, he'd drive to my house and have Frank or whoever he's with get her instead of coming in the house himself.

But I couldn't say it was selfish because I'd do the same exact thing. And when it came to being at the studio, we would work in separate parts of the building. You would've thought that we had never met before.