088.

❝ each new chapter of our lives request an old part of us to fall and a new part of us to rise. ❞ excerpt , jenna galbut.

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾 .
( CHAPTER LXXXVII : fight night, part two. )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ˢᵃᵗᵘʳᵈᵃʸ, ˢᵉᵖᵗᵉᵐᵇᵉʳᵗʰ, ¹⁹⁹⁶.
ˡᵃˢ ᵛᵉᵍᵃˢ, ⁿᵉᵛᵃᵈᵃ.

IT WAS 11 IN the morning when the trio began heading to Vegas and they drove through the desert in pure silence in the mist of cars speeding from left to right. They only made one stop at a convenient store where Tupac purchased five magazines that were all about guns.

He was quiet and reserved during the whole entire ride, and looked as if he was in a deep train of thought. He looked down at the magazines, flipping through them, studying the pages intently.

Kidada was hoping he would be the talkative Pac, but not on this particular day. "You know, we've been in this car for about four hours and you haven't uttered much. If you still feel weird about coming here, we can just turn back around." She kept getting suspicious of the way he was acting.

"Yeah, cuz, we can just take a rain check. He won't be mad if you bail out on him." Jamala spoke, already expecting what he was about to say.

"I gave him my word and I'm gonna keep it. If I said I was going to the match, that's where the hell I'm going to do." He stated with so much aggression, which even surprised himself.

"Fine, well we're here." She parked in the driveway of Luxor Hotel & Casino. He turned his head and stared at the entrance for a brief second before stepping outside of the car. They allowed the employees to help with the luggage and as soon as they made it inside, Jamala was instantly enjoying the stay.

"This is what I'm talking about right here. Look how large you are now, Pac. All I can think about is when we were little kids with big dreams, now look at you. I'm so proud." Jamala looked over at her cousin with nothing but happiness written all over her face.

"I'm doing alright." He waved it off, watching her roam around the room. Kidada kept an eye on him, still noticing he was acting like himself. It even made her feel weird inside. "Pac, are you positive that you're okay?" She plopped down on the bedside next to him, running her hand across his lower back in a comforting manner.