049.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FORTY NINE : THE END OF AN ERA. )

❝ I FEEL WEAK, WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE 'CAUSE I FEEL WE KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH

❝ I FEEL WEAK, WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE 'CAUSE I FEEL WE KEEP GOING BACK AND FORTH. ❞

EXCERPT : BEYONCÈ , START OVER.

Monday, April 8th, 1996 Beverly Hills, California

IT WAS A PEACEFUL and beautiful day. One that was for relaxing at home or going outside to enjoy the warm weather. "I haven't seen you in a long time, what's up?" Snoop stepped inside of my house, alongside Corde who was holding onto his hand tightly so he could have complete control over his own balance.

"You know why I haven't been around lately. The whole atmosphere at Death Row is very odd. J told me how bad it's gotten there too. With the gang violence and shit, I don't have time for that. I have a family to worry about now." I leaned forward and greeted Corde, watching him embrace me in a hug with his little arms before making his way over to Amara who was seated on the floor a few inches from the three of us.

"Yeah, you're right. I haven't been around like that either. And I wasn't going to say anything but, Pac's been wildin' out-"

"Oh no, that doesn't have anything to do with me. Anything pertaining to him, should be taken up with him or whoever else he's dealing with." I quickly interjected, turning down hearing what he wanted to tell me about the man that no longer existed in my eyes.

"I see that the two of you are going through the same old-"

"No, this is much different, Snoop. Trust and believe me when I tell you that him and I no longer have any type of relationship. He made it pretty clear to me that he doesn't want us to have anything to do with each other, so that's what it is." I crossed my arms as I took a seat on the sofa.

"Yeah, you say that shit now but you already know that you two are gonna end up friends again." He emphasized the word jokingly but it wasn't funny to me whatsoever.

"Snoop, I no longer care about what Pac has going on with his life. It doesn't concern me at this point. Maybe I would've cared before but not anymore. Whatever goes on in his life has nothing to do with me. Unless, it concerns my daughter, of course." Although I didn't want to know what went on with him, I couldn't help but to hear about him.

He was all over the newspapers for having a verbal altercation with Biggie and his entourage outside of the Soul Train Awards. From the photos I saw, he was wearing army fatigue as if he was ready for war-Suge right beside him through it all. The two acted as if they were untouchable and it was sickening.