098.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW.
( CHAPTER NINETY EIGHT ! )
PAYING A VISIT.

MOUNT VERNON, NEW YORK.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13TH, 1996.

• • • • •

A month ago, Mika's life changed tremendously and it was the most unexpected thing that could ever happen to her. The man that she was spending her life with transcended into a much better place than Earth. He was free, but in her eyes, it was way too soon. They had so much to do together. But God needed him more than everyone else, and she finally realized that.

She stood in front of the mirror and ran her hand across her growing stomach. It took her awhile but she eventually embraced the fact that she was with children. It was hard, but she managed to keep a smile on her face while going through her pregnancy without their father.

She knew that he would've been so happy once she told him the news. After leaving the hospital that day, she ran into their bedroom only to be met with absolutely nothing but silence. She felt so stupid for expecting him to be in there with a notepad in hand, writing down his rhymes.

"I wish you were here with me, Pac. I can't believe that I'm going through this without you. You should be here with your family, your friends . . . your fans. Why did you have to leave so soon?" She sat down on the edge of the bed, resting her back against the pillow.

There was a knock on the door before she peeked her head inside, sending a smile in her direction. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Misa whispered. Mika smiled at her in. return before shaking her head, allowing her inside.

Prior to now, Mika and Misa spent a whole day talking and getting through their problems and it was as if they hadn't gone a long time without speaking. When she explained to Misa about how things were going for her living in that house with just her and her daughter, Misa took it upon herself to let her move in her place in New York.

It didn't take Mika no time to pack up her and Amara's things before flying out there. She had been staying there for two weeks and it was going decent so far.

"I really appreciate you for letting me and Amara crash here for a little bit. I promise to get out of your hair soon." This had been the at least twentieth time that Mika had thanked her, but she just didn't want it to go unnoticed.

"Girl, how many times do I have to tell you that it's okay? You can stay here as long as your heart desires." She waved her off before struggling to hop onto the bed.

"Be careful, I don't want you to hurt yourself or the baby." Mika emphasized as she looked down at Misa's five month stomach. Misa was in another relationship with a man named Jojo Brim who was also in the music industry. He produced for a few artists and worked amongst many record labels. They were expecting a son who they were to name Niko.

"I'll be fine. He's been kicking all day though, little monster." She smirked, placing her hand on top of her abdomen. "I just put Justin to sleep. It was pretty tough though because he insisted he stay in Amara's room to make sure she was okay." She explained, which only melted Mika's heart.