058.

❝ perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while , so that we can see life with a clearer view again . excerpt , alex tan .

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾 .
( CHAPTER LVIII : busted. )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ᵐᵒⁿᵈᵃʸ, ᵐᵃʸ ¹³ᵗʰ, ¹⁹⁹⁶.
ᵉᵃˢᵗ ᵒʳᵃⁿᵍᵉ, ⁿᵉʷ ʲᵉʳˢᵉʸ.

ALL OF HER BELONGINGS were packed and Jewell made herself at home in Yaki's two bedroom apartment. It wasn't as luxurious as what she had been used to but it did bring her back to before she was famous-it made her feel normal again.

"I know it's not much but I ain't with the boujie shit." He shrugged his shoulders as he patted the empty space on the sofa next to him. She sat down and laid her head in his lap.

He didn't mind the shiny jewelry and cars while being in Cali, but once he would go back home, he was regular Yafeu. All of his family were there and he didn't see himself leaving the city for good, it just wasn't in him to do so.

"No, this makes me feel like a regular person again. The glitz and glamor isn't what it's all cracked to be. If I would've known that Death Row would go through what it's going through now, I wouldn't even existed." She played with the hem of his shirt as he rested both arms on either side of the couch.

"Same here. This is my safe haven. Pac and I are close but we're different. He's enjoying the whole fame, money, and bitches, and although I like those things too, my life doesn't revolve around it. I feel like if you stay involved with that for a long period of time, it'll get to your head and cause you to lose your mind. That's why I wanted you to distance yourself away from it for awhile." She knew he had a valuable point and she also knew that he wouldn't lead her astray.

"You know, you're something, Yak." She stated, cheesing in the process. "I don't know if I should be offended by that or no-"

"No, I mean, you're interesting. I never expected you to be the way that you are. You're special in more ways than one and you've not only showed me who you are, but you've shown me who I am. You're the first man to have me feel this feeling that I never experienced before." He flashed her a small smile but in the inside he was beaming.

"I like you a lot, J. I know that this wasn't supposed to be like this but a nigga isn't afraid to admit that I caught feelings. You're different and I fuck with you on a deeper level than just sex." Jewell slowly lifted herself up and turned her head in his direction so that they were eye to eye.