027.

' 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓 '
death row records headquarters ━━
beverly hills, california !

"Yo, Mika, I don't know what the fuck is going on but you haven't called me or anything, What's up with that? Did I do something, if so, you need to pick up the phone and call me so we can talk about it." Over a thousand messages from Misa. It was wrong for me to ignore her out of nowhere, but I had to prove to Pac that I was down, in spite of not agreeing with him and his ridiculous claims.

"Aye, are you ready?" I looked over at Dre, placing the telephone on the hook before getting back in the booth. Today was when I was going to finally obide by Suge's rules and work on my third album. Mika and Complicated, were the two albums that introduced me to the world but the third album was an album I wanted to push me to stardom. I wanted to be huge, on a high status level and it was going to take a lot to get to there but I was ready.

Leaving Death Row was my plan but after thinking long and hard about it, I decided against it. I came way too far to start back all over again and I didn't want to go to court and lawyers just to get things situated, my focus was on keeping my career and caring for Amara. She was almost a week old, and it seemed like time was really going by fast. Time wasn't waiting for anyone.

I remember when I was having a hard time trying to figure out how I wanted to go about my image but now I was dedicated to changing it up and sticking to it. Instead of my regular curly hair and occasional cornrows, I now had a short bob in the color blonde.

My wardrobe was still exotic, but in a more soft core way. I didn't care to show most of my body anymore, I wanted to leave a lot to the imagination. I felt reinvented and ready to change my career for the better.

I closed my eyes as the music began to play. "See, baby I know you done had your share of girls, but... I am more than confident you won't ever have to search any streets for affection, I got you..." The introduction was sensual and straightforward, making sure people knew of my confidence.

Me and Dre were becoming close and I was kinda proud of that because he was that producer and he knew what sound I wanted without me even telling him. This was yet another reason why I stayed at Death Row, I didn't feel like searching for other producers who wouldn't know how to satisfy me.

"What kind of girl you like? I know my looks can be deceiving. Tell me, am I your type?
My main goal is to please you. What's on the schedule tonight? Am I the reason you'll be treating? I hope you have an appetite. So tell me, will you come and spend the night?" The groove I was in was indescribable but it was short lived when Dre unexpectedly stopped the music.

"What's going on?" I furrowed my eyebrows, watching him put the telephone to his ear, his happy facial expression dropped. The headphones fell out of my hand as I stepped out of the booth, realizing his face was flushed as if he saw a ghost.

"Dre, what's wrong? What is it?" My heart began to increase, nervousness creeping up on me as I studied his whole demeanor. I took a seat next to him, watching him slam the telephone on the hook. He nearly frightened me by his actions. "He's gone..." He didn't have to say another word before I found my whole body weakening.

Eazy was gone.

Although I was aware that he was slipping away, it still came as a shock because the reality of everything was starting to sink in. "There's nothing I can say to make the pain go away, all I can say is I'm sorry..." I held it together for the sake of Dre, not wanting him to see me cry because he hated it.