059.

❝ years of love have been forgotten , in the hatred of a minute . excerpt , edgar allan poe .

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾

𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑻𝑯 𝑹𝑶𝑾 .
( CHAPTER LIX : can we make it work? )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ᶠʳᶦᵈᵃʸ, ᵐᵃʸ ¹⁷ᵗʰ, ¹⁹⁹⁶.
ˡᵒˢ ᵃⁿᵍᵉˡᵉˢ, ᵃˡᶦᶠᵒʳⁿᵃ.

I WAS BACK BUT I felt absolutely nothing but regret. I really attempted to end my life and leave my daughter in this cruel world all on her own. I knew that there would've been family and friends there to make sure she was alright, but nothing compared to a mother's love.

Ever since I was discharged from the hospital, I spent the past few days bonding with my daughter more than I had before. With Larenz and I going through a rough patch in our relationship, being with Amara gave me sanity to get through it.

I was hurt and upset with what he did but I also didn't want to be hypocritical. So, we were working on getting back to a good place. I loved him and even though our love was a complicated one, I didn't want to let him go.

"You have visitors coming today, are you okay with that?" Larenz sat at the side of the bed as he slipped into his shoes. I hadn't allowed anyone to see me except for Afeni when she brought Amara to me, only because I wasn't prepared.

"Who's coming?" I rested my head on the pillow, releasing an exhausted yawn. "Jewell and everyone else." He stated her name in a stale manner. "I can't wait to see them. I'm sure we have a lot of catching up to do." I grew excited, wanting to jump up but my body wouldn't allow it.

"I'm gonna head out and run a few errands for the house. Do you or Mar need anything?" He stood on his feet before reaching over the counter for his keys.

"No, but we haven't talked about what happened with you and Nia. I know you've been trying to dance around the subject but I think you should tell me the full truth." I rose up, keeping my eyes on him.

"I told you the full truth, Mika. I regret it, I shouldn't have did it and if I could take it back I-"

"You don't have to lie. You have feelings for her, don't you? If you do, what's the point of us continuing what we have?" She bombarded him with questions.

"I don't have feelings for Nia anymore, Mika. I want you and only you. I just want us to be happy. I want us to put Nia, Tupac, and everything else behind us so we can just focus on our wedding and the future." He stood in front of her, running his hands across him temples.