037.

' 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓 '
tha dogg pound's video shoot ━━
new york city, new york !

"Mika, wake up..." I slightly heard my name being called but wasn't so sure so I continued to stir in my sleep. "Mika, get up, man, we just landed." Kurupt continued to push against my arm, annoying the living hell out of my soul.

"I'm up, I'm up." I sprung out of the seat, stretching out my arms widely as I looked out the window and saw pure white snow. It was by far something you would never experience in California so I planned on enjoying the scenery while I was in town.

Daz, Kurupt and Snoop invited me to come along with them to the video they were dying to shoot. The tribute song to New York was to show their appreciation for the city and all it had contributed to the hip hop community.

"It's cold as a bitch." Kurupt's teeth chattered as he zipped his jacket all the way up, immediately piling inside of the limo that awaited us. Since we were here, I told Nas prior to us landing and he wanted to see me at his studio.

He was working on a new album entitled, It Was Written and for it to be his sophomore album, he was kind of on the nervous side about it. He felt a lot of pressure of trying to stay afloat, especially when it came to what his hometown thought about it.

One thing was for certain, he was one of the few emcees from New York that had it on lock with the bars, and all around presence. You could tell that he was a determined individual who wanted to be in the game for a very long time.

"I'm ready to go back to Cali." Snoop shivered as he reached over for an extra scarf, wrapping it around his neck. We all snuggled up in our comfy clothes, hoping to get warm but that was all cut short once the limo made it to the hotel.

"We did not come all the way here just to fly back within the same day. You're gonna shoot this video then, we can go back." I struggled to speak, my lips feeling like if I was to fathom another sentence, they would bleed.

We were escorted inside of the hotel, making our way into the elevator before rubbing our gloved hands together since we had got in a much more comfortable atmosphere. "Now this is what I'm talking about, it feels so good in here." I smiled slightly as I pressed the button that lead us to the private floor where our rooms resided.

We walked towards the suite, stepping inside, instantly causing me to lay on the bed that I quickly claimed. "Turn the radio on, I'm about to roll one before we get ready." Snoop looked over at me. I eyed all of the buttons until seeing the power button, allowing it to come on.

"We're gonna hit up Flex at the radio station so we can let everyone know that we're shooting the video." Snoop explained, referring to Hot 97. Funkmaster Flex or Flex, was the host of a radio show on Hot 97.

"Well, while you do that, I'm gonna go hang with Nas. I'll tell him about the shoot so we could meet you there." I hopped off of the bed before looking into my luggage to find a warm outfit to wear for the unbearably freezing weather outside.

The way to the studio was a little confusing and I had nobody to help me out with getting to the room that Nas was in. Unlike the building at Death Row Records, this building was on the more quiet and calm side. A place that I wouldn't mind being around more often.