028.

' 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓 '
mika richardson's residence ━━
beverly hills, california !

The course of last night with Larenz was off to a bad start with me trippin' over Tupac and his marriage to his rebound Keisha but somehow, he made me forget all about it and the rest of our date went well. I became more comfortable in his presence and a lot more open than I was before. It was just something about him that made me feel at home.

"He was great, and patient with me. I made it clear to him that Pac was the reason why I couldn't give him my all at the moment but to my surprise, he didn't push me away. He insisted on waiting for me." I felt jolly, and it was all because of him.

"That's stupid." Donovan snickered as he occupied himself by raiding the kitchen. "Oh hush, that's so sweet of him. I knew he was going to be a nice guy. I'm glad you decided to go out with him. Hopefully he can get you on the right path." Jewell wrapped her arm around my neck.

"What do you mean? I am in the right path, you don't think I am?" I questioned obliviously. I knew I had some flaws but who didn't? It was normal, I wasn't perfect and nobody else was either.

"He's supposed to take me and Amara out to his favorite park today, but before that, I have to go to the studio and have this meeting with Suge about my upcoming tour." Today was going to be a busy day for myself but it was better than not being productive to say the least.

"Tour? Your first ever tour? Wow... I can come right?" Jewell questioned, clasping her hands together in a pleadingly manner. "Now you know you're coming. I'm bringing Amara along as well. I want her to be by my side through everything." She embraced me in a tight hug, causing Donovan to kiss his teeth annoyingly.

"Aw, come here, big baby. You can join in on the hug too." I teased, watching him make his way over to us, now making it a trio hug. But that was cut short once the cries erupting only a few feet away from the living room, caught our attention.

I pulled away before taking a few steps to the door of the nursery that was cracked open a little. "Oh, baby... it's okay. Mama's here, I'm right here." I leaned in the crib, scooping the infant into my arms, my heart melting at my beautiful daughter. I knew the right method to get her to calm down. I carefully sat down in the rocking chair, retrieving her favorite wool blanket before covering her up.

The lamp was the only light in the room, which is what Amara preferred. She hated the bright sunlight from the windows, so I made sure to put extra curtains over the blinds. Then came the radio. After popping TLC's CrazySexyCool tape inside, I skipped the seven tracks before stopping at Amara's favorite tune, Waterfalls.

She loved music, one of the main sources to keeping her cool and collected. She was a versatile listener as well. Another artist I'd play was Stevie Wonder. Because he was one of my favorite singers, I'd play his music and she gravitated towards it. I didn't know if it was the fact that her parents were entertainers, but she couldn't go a day without hearing a melody of some sort.

"You like that song, Babygirl?" I cooed into her tiny earlobe, watching a smile form upon her lips. Her lengthy eyelashes fluttered before she looked at me. My life was far from perfect but there was one thing for sure, my daughter was. Such an innocent, young soul who smile could light up the whole room. Her warm spirit gravitated people towards her, and she made everyone in her presence happy, especially Jewell.