054.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR : A MESSAGE FROM UP ABOVE. )

❝ BUT I GUESS I'M LONELY, BROKENHEARTED

❝ BUT I GUESS I'M LONELY, BROKENHEARTED. LIFE'S NOT OVER,
I CAN START AGAIN. WHILE I'M LONELY, BROKENHEARTED, IT'S A HURTING
THING TO GET OVER. ❞

EXCERPT : BRANDY , BROKENHEARTED.

Sunday, May 5th, 1996 Los Angeles, California

OMNISCIENT

FOUR DAYS PASSED AND Mika was still unresponsive. Her vital signs showed improvement but she had yet to get out of the induced coma she was in. She had many friends coming to visit her everyday, as well as her father. However, her mother didn't feel the need to check on her because she still held resentment towards her daughter.

Tupac couldn't see her but he made sure to keep Amara occupied while her mother was away. He knew that she wouldn't have wanted their daughter around Death Row so he made sure to respect her wishes.

"Hey, how is she doing?" Jewell stepped inside of the hospital room with a bouquet of flowers and a letter that was inside a heart shaped box. "The same, she hasn't even moved a muscle to show me that she can hear me. The doctors say that it's good that she stay like this so it can give her brain time to finish healing from all of the swelling it endured." Larenz explained as he rubbed his blood shot eyes.

He hadn't left the hospital since Mika was admitted and he had no intentions on doing so either. He couldn't see himself staying in their house and sleeping in their bed if she wasn't there.

"Larenz, you need to go get some rest. Please, just do this for her. She would not want you stressing yourself to death. She's going to pull through, it's just going to take some time but you have to keep pushing. Do like the rest of us and put some of your frustrations into your work." She looked at him sympathetically.

"Who are the roses and chocolate from?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh, um, it's from me. I decided to pick her up something special." Jewell responded, lying through her teeth.

He stared at her suspiciously before giving her the benefit of the doubt. "Fine, I'll leave. They've been needing me on set anyway." He reached over for his jacket and placed a kiss on her cheek before stepping outside of the room. He gave her one last glance before disappearing into the hallway.

"Phew, that was a close one." Jewell took a deep breath as she sat the flowers on the table. "These are from Tupac and he also sent me a letter to read to you. He's been trying so hard to see you but he hasn't had much luck. So, I'm going to let you hear these words." She opened up the box and retrieved the letter.