035.

' 𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓 '
waiting to exhale soundtrack release party━━
los angeles, california !

"You've got fifteen more minutes to get ready or we're leaving your ass!" Pac called out from across the room as I was getting my makeup finished. He should've known by now that it took women longer to get ready than most men.

"Don't you have something better to do besides rushing me? We're not even going to be late so calm your nerves." I moved my head to the side, giving the artist a perfect view of my cheekbones so she could swift the brush across my naturally structured canvas.

"Man, you better get your bestfriend." Pac turned to Jewell who was holding Amara, bouncing her slightly to keep her from crying. Pac reached over to pick her up, causing Jewell to make her way towards me.

"If you came over here to rush me, don't." She shook her head before turning her heel, walking away with the quickness. I didn't mean to come across as snappy but being rushed was one of my many pet peeves.

I didn't like being under a lot of pressure, no matter the circumstances. "Okay, you are finished." The makeup artist turned over my chair so I could see the final results in the mirror. "This is so beautiful, thank you. But I should get going before he have a damn heart attack over there." I hopped out of the chair, running my hands across my silky black dress with the spaghetti straps nearly hanging off of my toned shoulders.

"It's about time that your mama is ready to go. But I want you to be a good girl for me, alright?" Pac showered Amara with tickles on her side, her infectious giggles filling the whole room with laughter and joy, since it had been tense prior.

"Okay, you're gonna stop telling our daughter negative things about me." I rolled my eyes at him, watching as he set her inside of the crib. Jewell was going to stay to watch her while we went to the party but I had no intentions on staying too long because I despised leaving Amara.

The hot cameras flashed from every angle as we made our way through the doors. I noticed plenty of familiar faces who were on the soundtrack such as one of my favorite songstresses, Toni Braxton. As well as Aretha Franklin, Brandy, TLC, Mary J. Blige, Chaka Khan, SWV, Chanté Moore, Patti LaBelle, Faith Evans, and the lady of the evening, Whitney Houston.

The music blasted, making me bop my head to the melodic songs. It was most definitely a soundtrack that I would go out and buy. The movie was expected to hit the theaters in December and I planned on watching that as well.

"Oh my, Tupac, Tupac, Tupac, Mika, Mika, Mika!" Whitney's energetic nature made her way towards the both of us before pulling us into an embrace in unison. "It's nice to see you, Whitney. This party is amazing, and the soundtrack is even better." I complimented, earning a wide smile from her.

"I'm glad you two could make it, it's such a blessing to see my wonderful black people coming together like this!" She responded, full of complete happiness.

"Hey, can we get a photo?" One of the photographers questioned as they immediately began snapping them without our permission. I got annoyed and stepped out of the frame, allowing Pac and Whitney to get a few photos together.

 I got annoyed and stepped out of the frame, allowing Pac and Whitney to get a few photos together