The Dog

I don't know if I was just lucky or if Blair was somehow making me look like a less of a shitty dancer, but I was actually doing pretty okay.

We kept getting progressively closer to one another.

Our faces were so damn close.

'Oh fuck.'

We kept getting even closer.

And then,

"Miss Danz! Miss Tenner!"

'Goddamnit.'

We both broke apart at the sound of that voice.

"You're too close to one another! Remember, two textbook lengths apart!"

Afton. Purple enthusiast, homecoming chaperone, principal of CHS, and currently coming our way.

"That's not very appropriate to do on school grounds. I should—" Afton cut himself off and very abruptly started power walking off in another direction. "Mr. Tenner! Do not stick your hand in there!"

"...Wanna go find the others?" Blair asked.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, sure."

With that, we set off without another word.

Was it sort of awkward?

Yes, yes it was.

We really just needed another person's presence to make things not awkward.

Eventually, we located the rest of our posse by the food.

According to Yenn, there wasn't food last year, but a bunch of kids complained so they gave in this year. 

What they managed to put together was a little underwhelming, won't lie. It looked like someone opened five packs of saltine crackers and hot dogs and just sorta put them on trays. There was also some punch in a bucket in the middle of it all.

Actually, I take it back. It was all a ten out of ten.

"HELLO, FRIENDS!" Freddy greeted with an overly intense wave.

"You dudes done dancing?"

"Yeah, Principal Afton sort of put a stop to it. It was fun while it lasted, though," Blair said.

"Man, homecoming is way more fun when Afton ain't chaperoning. Would've gotten a chance to challenge everyone in the gym if he hadn't come over. 'You can't challenge other students to dangerous games, Miss Foxx. If I catch you doing that again you'll get two detentions.' Like, c'mon. It's not that serious. Chill."

"I'm pretty sure that he just really doesn't like you. Especially after you went on the loudspeaker and told everyone to suck an egg," Fallon said.

"Yeah, that makes sense."

"And after he caught you and two of your stepbrothers playing Pokémon behind the school," Bon-Bon added.

"We were not playing Pokémon, we were playing Yu-Gi-Oh!"

"There was also that time you climbed up the side of the school to get to fourth period because you didn't want to get a tardy," Blair pointed out.

"I would've gotten away with that if he didn't run outside to get something from his white van."

"We also can't forget about when you found a hot dog during the pep assembly last year," Paige said.

"OH, I REMEMBER TH-THAT! FIRST, YOU P-P-POKED EVERYONE AROUND YOU WITH IT, AND TH-TH-TH... AND TH-THEN YOU LOBBED IT AT PRINCIPAL AFTON'S HEAD FROM TH-THE TOP OF THE BLEACHERS!"