The King

"How was your first day at work?" Fallon asked.

It was currently the middle of lunch and I was sitting at a table with Fallon, Freddy, Bon-Bon, Blair, and Leslie.

"It was alright. Got to see Lyle and Frankie." Something clicked in my head as I finished my sentence, so I added, "And...uh, oh yeah, I almost forgot. There was some guy I met that wanted to talk to Blair."

Blair frowned. "Some guy? Did you catch his name?"

"Mari, I think? Mari Paulsen?"

There was a collective groan of annoyance from everybody at the table and Blair buried her face in her hands.

"I'm...guessing you all know who that is?"

"Yeah, he's Blair's obnoxious ex-boyfriend," Bon-Bon explained.

"They dated for most of sophomore year," Fallon added.

"He didn't say anything rude to you, did he?" Blair asked.

"No. He just asked me if I knew you, and he told me to tell you that he wanted to talk to you."

"Man, I thought you finally got him to go away, but I guess the fuck not." Leslie rolled her eyes.

"DO Y-YOU THINK HE'S GONNA TRY TO GET Y-Y-YOU TO GET BACK TOGETHER W-WITH HIM AGAIN?"

"I wouldn't be surprised. After all, that's usually why he wants to talk to me."

"If that's the case, then he's seriously fucking stupid to think that he might finally get lucky. Especially after the shit he pulled the last time you told him no." Leslie clapped a hand on my shoulder. "Listen, my dude. You weren't here when shit originally transpired, so let me be the one to warn you that Mari may seem nice on the surface, but he's like, the king of all douchebags when you get to know him."

"Are you gonna talk to him today?" Fallon asked Blair.

"I guess. Might as well just get it over with."