Bloody Nose

"Woah, what happened to you?"

It was the first of December. After school had ended, I once again disappeared into the haunted bathroom to hide from my brother's craziness.

Upon walking in, I was greeted with Leslie standing by the sink with a bloody nose, which she was stemming the flow of with a few of the bathroom's cheap paper towels.

"Somebody got into a fight." Fallon appeared from... Fuck, I don't know.

"Oh, damn. You alright?"

Leslie waved her hand dismissively. "Yeah, s'not a big deal. It's just a bloody nose. You can't try to fight people and expect to not get hit back every once in a while."

"Alright, follow up question, why did you try to fight somebody?"

"That asshole with the blond hair -- Garfield Goldberg -- was picking on Fal. I asked him if he could stop being a dick and he pretty much told me no, so I made him stop."

"I looked to the floor for two seconds and the next thing I knew, she had him in a headlock."

"Yeah, and I don't regret putting him in one. Screw that guy," Leslie said. "Don't you remember what he did in Language Arts last year?"

"It'd be hard to forget."

"Wait, okay, what happened last year?"

"Garfield used to make fun of Freddy's stutter every time the teacher made him read out loud. One day, Freddy cried. Leslie stopped Garfield before he left class and kicked him in the shin so hard that he ended up going to the nurse's office."

"Okay, dude. Don't make it sound like I broke his shin or some shit. It was only a bruise. And you know it wasn't just me overreacting, 'cause even Blair told me to let 'em have it," Leslie then further explained, "Fred never cries. Except for when he watches The Notebook. Or Hop."

"Why does he cry when he watches Hop? That's not a sad movie."

"The CGI talking rabbit scares him."

"Oh. Of course."

Fallon's phone played some jingle and they pulled it out.

"I'll be right back," they said, moving to leave.

They paused for a moment before actually pushing the door open.

"By the way, Leslie, don't tell anybody I told you this, but thank you."

And with that, they left.

"Holy shit, that's the first time I've heard that from Fal after doing something fucking stupid." Leslie grinned. Finding that her nose had finally stopped bleeding, she chucked the paper towels into the trash can. "Hey dude, you know what nosebleeds remind me of?"

"No, what?" I asked.

"You and your crush on Blair."

"Oh my god, I cannot believe that you just used that as a segue. I hate you."

"I couldn't think of another one. Leave me the hell alone." She laughed. "Anyway, did you tell her how you feel yet?"

"No. I told her I had to talk to her about something, but ended up chickening out and told her that I'd do it later."

"Well, that's progress at least. Maybe tomorrow."

"Yeah... maybe."

-----------------------

Because my friend MarcelineTheBiQueen wants to know who exactly makes up Fallon & Leslie's family, allow me to dump all of that information here.

There's the dog, Wolfie, who's supposed to be the Twisted Wolf from the novels.

The two dads are Nolan (Nightmare Foxy) and Milo (Nightmare Mangle).

The two sisters are Mykie (Mangle) (18) and Paige (Phantom Mangle) (17).

The six brothers are Flynn (Foxy) (18), Warren (Withered Foxy) (20), Parker (Phantom Foxy) (17), Terry (Twisted Foxy) (22), Richie (Rockstar Foxy) (19), and Andy (Adventure Foxy) (12).

Oh, and there's also Richie's parrot, Mango.

I am well aware that I have put way too much thought into this.