I Dare You

*cough* warning for LGBT related slurs *cough*

----------------------------------

Lolbit: "Dude"

Lolbit: "Im here"

Lolbit: "So yknow"

Lolbit: "Open the fking door"

"Okay, damn. I'm coming."

It was passing time between fourth and fifth hour.

I was near the hallway with all of the performing arts classes, since one of the exits was over there.

More specifically, the only exit that you never saw the school security guards near.

Though, that didn't stop me from looking over my shoulder one last time before I pushed the door open.

"Was it really necessary to ditch math so that you could run home and find your contacts?"

Leslie quickly stepped inside, attempting to finger-comb her windblown hair. "Yes, it was. Your bullying was really starting to get to me."

I rolled my eyes. "My emo Harry Potter comment was not bullying. It was friendly teasing."

"Well, it still hurt my feelings," she said, though the look on her face made it obvious that she wasn't actually hurt. "And like I told you, I didn't go home just to find my contacts. I also grabbed some homework I forgot."

"You couldn't have just texted one of your dads or older brothers and had them bring that stuff to the office?"

"I could have. But where's the fun in that?"

"You're such a good influence."

"Thanks, I know."

We passed right by another short hall off to the left, and I could hear a familiar whiny voice.

It wasn't particularly hard to catch since it was rather loud and there weren't exactly a lot of people near us.

"I can't believe you're a goddamn fag. You're a fucking fag and you never told me!"

Definitely Mari. 

Leslie and I stopped dead in our tracks and exchanged looks.

"First off, don't call me that. Second, of course I never told you that I wasn't straight. I knew that this was how you would be. I knew  the moment after Fallon came out as agender and you called them something horrible that you wouldn't be very accepting towards me either."

"What? A shemale? You can say it. He is a shemale."

"They," Blair corrected. "It's they, and they are not."

Both of them started talking over each other, and me and Leslie were off down that left hall.

"Stop arguing with me! You know I hate it when you feel the need to voice your opinion!"

"Oh, I am well aware that you prefer your girls to just stand there and be pretty without ever opening their mouth, but I'm not  your girl anymore, and I'm not  just going to stand here and listen to you insult me and my friends."

"Shut up. I swear to god, I'm going to hit you if you don't shut up!"

"Go on. Try to give me another black eye. I dare you. See what happens."

As we rounded the corner, we were faced with a dead-end and the back of a black trenchcoat.

"Hey!"

Mari turned, and, after taking notice of Leslie, rolled his eyes. "Oh my god. Nobody invited you into this conversation, you fucking drug addict."

"Yeah, well, nobody invited you to keep harassing my goddamn friend, but that sure as hell doesn't seem to be stopping you, dickweed. Leave her the hell alone."

"You don't get to tell me what to do. Piss off," he spat out indignantly. "Piss off and go somewhere else. Or preferably, follow in your mother's footsteps and—"

He didn't get to finish his sentence.

Leslie lessened the space between them and grabbed him by his raglan shirt, yanking him forward so that their faces were uncomfortably close.

She shot him a terrifying glare.

"Listen, first off, you do not get to talk about my fucking mother. Second, I'd like you to attempt to locate your pea-sized brain within your skull and use it to try and remember the words that are coming out of my mouth: If you ever try to put your greasy ass hands on her again -- hell, if you even consider speaking to her again the way you have been -- I will kick your fucking teeth in and watch you choke on them. You understand me?"

Mari responded through gritted teeth, "Yes."

"Good. Now get the fuck away from her." Leslie spun him around, giving him a rough one-handed shove as she released his shirt.

He started to stalk away.

And then he finally saw me, and he stopped right beside me.

"You," he jabbed his index finger into my sternum, "you're that fucking dyke she likes. Good luck with her."

"Mari," Leslie called out in a warning tone. 

"That whore is an absolute nightmare to be with, you know. Completely useless --,"

Now, I'm not entirely sure what came over me.

But Mari leaned down a bit so that our faces were more level while he was talking,

And I... 

May or may not have decked him in the face.

He staggered a bit, clutching his nose.

I looked past him at Blair and Leslie, who were both staring in disbelief.

Mari growled, "What the hell?!" He glared daggers at me, his once slicked back hair all disheveled and falling into his face.

"Oh, my bad," was my response.

"I'm gonna..." He looked between me and Leslie a few times before he made some sort of strangled noise and continued to stalk off.

"Holy shit, dude," Leslie said. "That was a good punch."

"Thanks, I think." I'm still surprised that I didn't break my hand on his face. "You alright, Blair?"

"Yeah..." she replied, finally moving away from the wall. "Thanks for that. Both of you."

"No problem, man. We heard him fuckin' shouting at you from down the hall."

"What are you both doing over here anyway? And what happened to your glasses?" Blair poked Leslie. "I know you can't make it through school without them."

"She ditched during fifth hour to replace them with her contacts, and then I had to let her back in."

"Ah. I should have known."

"What the hell was his sorry ass doing over here? Didn't he just get another girlfriend like, yesterday?"

"I don't know, but I guess one of his friends overheard us," Blair slung an arm around my shoulder, "in the library earlier, made a passing comment about it to him, and he got all huffy or whatever."

The bell rang overhead.

"Looks like we're late now," I commented.

Blair sighed, "I'd love to just stay here with you two for the entire hour, but the teacher's already gonna have my head for being late. And I don't wanna be all cheesy and be like, 'oh my god, my heroes!' but you kind of are, so thank you. Again." She kissed me on the cheek again. "I'd kiss you too, but..."

"But what, man? Why the fuck not? You've done it before."

Blair rolled her eyes, a slight smile tugging at her lips. "Fine." She kissed Leslie on the cheek too.

"I'll see you guys later."

And then she just walked off.