Look at That!

"Really?"

"Yes."

"That's the song you want?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll learn it."

It had been multiple hours since Mickey had implanted fear deep within my soul. The sun had risen, it had snowed a bit because the weather could never make up its fucking mind, and I had continued to hang out with Blair. A few moments ago, she said that she wanted to hear me actually sing sometime, and that eventually led to me asking her what song she wanted me to learn for her.

"I have no idea how you keep managing to get me to do this stuff. First, it was Alice In Chains on harmonica, then it was System Of A Down on acoustic guitar, and now you've got me playing a fucking Sarah Jane song on acoustic guitar and singing it. Can I just not say no to you or something?"

Now, I would usually agree to play guitar or harmonica for somebody with little hesitance because I was relatively confident in my ability to not suck.

But the same does not apply when it comes to my singing.

"Well, if I asked you to go graverobbing with me I doubt that you'd say yes."

"But we won't know for sure until you do."

"Then only time will tell, I guess."

My phone vibrated on my desk a couple of times and I picked it up.

Funtime Foxy: "By the way, Richie wants to hear you play to make sure that you're 'up to standard' or whatever. So..."

Funtime Foxy: "You're probably gonna wanna either bring along your instrument or just show him a video of you playing."

"Understood, mx."

"What are you gonna do?" Blair asked.

I looked up at her. "Sneaking on my texts, are you?"

"Yeah, sorry. They're just right there, y'know?"

"Eh, it's fine. I don't care." I placed my phone back onto my desk. "And I'm just gonna go with the video option because I'm too lazy to carry my guitar all the way over to their place."

"So, do you already have at least one video of you playing, or is the recording microphone clamped onto your desk for your secret podcast?" She grabbed onto the arm stand of my mic and pulled it closer to her.

I laughed, "Secret podcast? That's the first thing you thought of?"

"It was. Don't judge me."

"It's really tempting to, but fine," I said, standing up. "Are you going to tag along on the journey over to Fal and Leslie's, or are you just going to go home?"

"I'll tag along. I need to get one of my textbooks back from Leslie. Plus, there's no way I'm missing out on your little audition."

We started to prepare ourselves to head into the outdoors, where it was considerably more frigid than it was yesterday.

"My jacket doesn't have a hood. Would you mind if I temporarily stole one of your 12,000 beanies?"

"I don't own that many. At least, not since I last checked. But no, that's fine." I tossed one of my many hats over to her before we headed downstairs to retrieve our shoes.

Almost immediately after we had reached the bottom step, Blair asked, "Is Eddie drinking hot dog water?"

I followed her gaze into the kitchen, where Eddie was busy drinking from a pot full of hotdogs at the table with a straw. Mickey was sat in the chair right next to him, frightening as ever.