Chapter Fourteen

A/N: so here's the date!! :) If you want some good 1D fanfics, check the stories in My Library, all the stories in there are amzayn :)

-------------------------------------

**Louis’ POV**

Audrey looked beautiful tonight, she really did. And she thinks I look hot, I can’t help but smirk remembering her saying that. She had no idea she said out loud, but she did, and it was great. And I made her blush about five times already, she’s so cute when she blushes. I’m glad I got the nerve to tell how I feel, and have her tell me she felt the same, and the kiss we shared, was amazing. I’m so excited to go on this date tonight, I have a feeling she’s gonna really like it.

I intertwine my fingers with hers and she smiles, so do I. I lead us to the park. I can’t wait to see the look on her face when she sees it.

“We’re here,” I announce when we arrive at the park.

“The park?” she asks, not sounding too impressed.

I laugh a little. “Yeah, let’s just take a little walk for right now,” I suggest. She doesn’t argue.

So we walk down the path and casually talk.

“So you made me get dressed up like this, just for a walk in the park. I mean, it’s not like I don’t like it, it’s just that…” she trails off. But I know what she means.

“No, this is just the beginning of the date, come on.” I lead her along the path until we get to the bridge.

She stops when she sees it. She turns to me, and I realize that I’m grinning from ear to ear.

“You did this for me?” she asks. I nod.

“Of course, you’re my best friend.” I say smiling, I got the idea from Harry, I remember when he told he did this for a girl, but she didn’t show up for the date. I thought it would be perfect for Audrey. She smiles then wraps me in one of her warm hugs. I hug her back, and hold onto her tightly, not wanting this moment to end. She pulls away then looks back it.

**Audrey’s POV**

He is amazing. I can’t believe he did this for me. On the bridge, he laid a trail of rose petals and candles leading to a table set for two. It all looked so pretty in the dim moonlight.

We took out seats across from each other at the small round table. We ate the spaghetti already on out plates. I find myself staring at Louis while he eats. He is so cute, I think I might love him. I know, I know, I love him already? It’s only our first date! But we are best friends, I’ve known him a long time, I may not remember it, but he does, and it did happen. We still are best friends, nothing’s changed between us. It’s just unfortunate that I can’t remember it all, but I know it’s there. I know that I’ve loved him for a long time, I can’t help but think that I did have a crush on him even while I was dating Charlie, or anything like that. I think I’ve always had a crush on Louis, and he’s always had a special place in my heart, he always will too. Louis catches me staring at him.

“Am I really hot when I eat spaghetti too?” he smiles. I roll my eyes and smile.

“No, you weren’t meant to hear that.” I say still embarrassed from earlier.

“But I did,” he says.

“I know, and I don’t think you’ll ever let me forget it either.” I say.

“Right you are,” he replies. I smile. When we are done, we go on the bridge. He takes my hand, and we lean against the railing, looking down at the lake. On its surface it has a few Lilly pads that have little pink flowers resting on top. It looks like something you’d see in a painting. The moon is like a spotlight on the lake. It’s very quiet, you can’t hear anything but our breathing and the occasional chirp of a cricket. It’s dark out now, I wonder what time it is. I look at the watch on Louis’ hand, it reads, 10:30 PM it’s getting late, but I don’t mind. I look at our reflection in the water, that moves ever so slightly from the light breeze. I look at Louis’ face in the water, and notice he’s looking at mine. We both smile. We do really look cute together. This is the perfect moment, right here, right now, I wish I could live in it forever.

“Audrey,” Louis’ voice brings me out of my trance. I turn to look at him, he’s already staring at me.

“Yeah?” I ask softly.

“You’re my best friend,” he smiles. I smile back.

“You’re mine too.”

“And, I love you.” He says quietly, scared of my reaction I guess.

I don’t even hesitate a second before I reply. “I love you too.”

 His face lights up, we both smile. Then he grabs my face and presses his lips against mine. My hand go to his neck, and I run my fingers through his hair, while his lay on my waist. Then his hand goes to my lower back and pushes me into him even more, so that there is no space between us at all. I push his head into mine, and we continue to kiss.

I pull away, and he presses his forehead against mine. We are both breathing heavy. I can’t help but smile looking at him, he does the same. He is always making me smile it seems like, he just has the effect on me, I guess.

“Tonight has been perfect, thank you.” I say.

“No problem, love. Anything for you.” He replies before giving my lips a small peck. We decide to start heading back home.

*

*

*

*

*

*

**Louis’ POV**

“Well, how was it?” asks Harry later that night, right before I’m about to go to sleep.

“Fantastic, it was perfect, she’s perfect.” I say thinking about her.

“Aw, I think someone’s in love, yeah?” he asks grinning. I throw a pillow at his head.

“Yeah, I am, and so is she. We even said it to each other.” I smile remembering it.

“Really? Good for you Lou! I’m glad you two are happy together.” He replies.

“Thanks, goodnight Harry.” I say before getting into bed and closing my eyes.

“Night, Lou.” Harry turns out the light before going into his own bed and falling asleep too.

I think about everything that happened tonight, just before I drift off. My dreams are of Audrey and I, together.