Trinity Anne: Thirty-Seven

Trinity's POV

Every since yesterday, Dominique's been stand-offish. I just don't want to be hurt or get hurt. I've heard the stories about my mom and dad. Diamond and KD's stories. He was dropping me off at the airport and being the stubborn person I am, I ain't say nothing to him and he ain't say nothing to me.

He pulled up and I opened the door and got out. He grabbed my bag, starting to walk away. He grabbed my arm. "Look, I get it. Don't want to be played out in public but you put me on your social media. I didn't ask."

I smiled. "I thought maybe..."

"It doesn't matter what you 'thought' you did it. I know you want to be with me." he stated.

"I do."

He nodded his head and came to kiss me. Afterwards, I went to catch my plane home.

few hours later...

I've been texting and calling Laila since I got off the plane. She stopped sharing her location with me. Dad drove up which caught me by surprise because Mom planned to pick me up.

He got out, kissed my cheek, and put my things in the back as I got in. "How was your vacation?" he asked.

I smiled. "It was good dad."

"No sex?"

"No dad. We did not have sex." I said shaking my head.

"That's good."

I smiled and shook my head again. Few minutes later, we pulled up to an apartment complex. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

He was taking off his seatbelt. "Come on."

I got out and followed behind him. Josè the realtor was standing at a door when we walked in. "What are we doing here?" I asked again.

"Go ahead Josè." Dad said.

Josè opened the door. Mom, Nana, Uncle Mason was there setting up my things that were in Laila's and I apartment.

"Welcome home cupcake." Nana said kissing my cheek.

"Home?" I questioned. "What's going on?" I asked.

Dad and Mom looked at each other. "We're going to be outside." Uncle Mason stated.

Nana, Josè and him left out. Mom, Dad, and I sat at the dining table.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" I asked.

"You remember Laiyah telling you the stuff about RJ thinking that your Dad and I killed their father."

I nodded my head. "Well, RJ came to town and pulled a gun out on us. Your father and I took it away. He said something making the truth come and now Laiyah is with him and she moved out her stuff before we moved you here." she finished.

"Wait. Laiyah moved out? You guys told me you didn't kill him. You or dad didn't pulled the trigger."

"Yeah but we set the plan. Now, I don't want you around Laiyah right now because who knows what RJ is putting in her head." Dad stated.

I rubbed my face. "Trinity, do you understand?" he asked.

"Dad, that's my best friend." I said.

"Trinity, he tried to kill us and she tried to fight your mother. Best friend or not I don't want you around her nor Kelsi." he stated.

"We just have to figure things out babe." Mom stated.

"So, this is my new apartment or something?" I asked.

They nodded their heads. "Closer to the school than the other one. Two bedrooms, two bath. Just enough space for you and Rafael."

I looked around, the place was just smaller than the other but it was only me. "Wait does that means I can move back?" I asked

Dad smiled and nodded his head. "Yes. You and Tyson can go back to y'all normal lives." he said

I jumped up and hugged him. "Thank you daddy."

"You are welcome."

"So, did you guys fill the fridge?" I asked going to it.

They both laughed. "Fridge filled, pantry filled. You're welcome."

I smiled. "I have the best parents." I said hugging them.

Josè came in and I had to sign the lease. "Hopefully, I'll be in here for a year." I said making everyone laugh.

"Well, keep up the good work in school and with your brother and we'll see." Dad said.

Everybody left and I picked up the phone to call Laila again. This time, it didn't even ring and the phone went straight to voicemail. And my texts weren't sending. So, I unshared my location as well.

Laiyah and I talk about everything. I wonder why she hasn't told me about this.

Laiyah's POV

I've been in Florida with my brother and grandparents for a couple of days now. I saw that my phone was ringing and I pick it up.

Seeing that it was Trinity, I ignored it. She was blowing up my phone and I just ignored it, until the point I blocked her.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. We were staying in a Airbnb. RJ was in the kitchen with grandma. "So, Trinity's been blowing up my phone." I stated.

Rj laughed. "Knowing Tray he probably told her not to contact you."

"And knowing Trinity, she did it anyway." I finshed.

"She's just like her mother." Kendra said coming from the back.

Kendra is my mother's mother. She's the only person I'm close with besides Trinity. I called and told her everything and she was on the first flight to Florida.

"Trinity just tries to figure out things on her own." I defend.

"There's no need to defend her anymore. To me she's in the same category as her parents." Nanette stated.

I rolled my eyes. Grandpa came through the door as he hung up the phone. "What did the lawyer say?"

RJ record the conversation that admits it was a setup to kill my dad. He wanted to take things to trail.

"He said that things are looking good enough to take to court." he said.

"I don't understand. Who are you going to turn in?" Kendra stated.

"Your daughter for one. I want to bury her under the jail. And for to the World's Famous Model." Nanette stated flipping through the magazine with Noami on the cover.

I shook my head. "You don't even heard Noami's voice. I pretty sure she not going to go to jail and besides, it was Tray's plan."

"Oh, I have something for Tray." Kendra stated.

I raised my eyebrow. "And what is that?"

"Tray nor Noami would stay in prison. If he goes and she don't, she'll get him out. If she goes and he don't, he'll get her out. Now, Tray is a killer. He has no problem pulling the trigger for his family."

"Okay. So what do we do with the loving, adoring family?" Nanette read out the magazine.

"You pull the trigger on him before he pulls it on you."

RJ chuckled. "This sounds like a cycle in a Thug book. Someone finds out they kill someone you love. You try to find them and kill them. Then their family comes for you. Too much."

I shook my head. "What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well, jail is a no if their just going to get each other out." Grandpa stated.

"I want Diamond locked up. KD too. I'll think of the Lucas family later." RJ said going upstairs.

I looked at my phone going through the messages Trinity sent me. I want to call and text her back but something inside held me back from doing so.