Trinity Anne: Forty-Three

Noami's POV

I was in the kitchen flipping through one of the magazines. Tray came downstairs and started pacing in front of me.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I just-I got a bad feeling about something." he said.

I chuckled. "A bad feeling about what?"

"You know how the game use to be. When someone finds out about someone killing a family member, they come for that person." he said.

"Well, Trinity is on her way back. She's safe." I said going back to my magazine.

He sat in one of the barstools and started biting his nails. I smiled and shook my head.

"You know she had sex." I said.

He looked at me and jumped out the seat. "Oh my gosh, Noami. Why would you tell me that?" he asked as he was whining.

I chuckled. "Just to see your reaction."

"Noami, that's not funny. She's my babygirl." he said.

"She's your youngest child. She's not a baby anymore Tray. You knew it was coming because you were the one to put her on birth control." I said going to the fridge.

He sat back down in the seat. "But I didn't think it would be that fast." he said.

I handed him a Sprite. "Well, at least he gave her something for Christmas." I said.

"Noami."

I started laughing. "And she waited til she was 18. That's two years older than I was."

He open the drink I gave him. "Besides, you don't think that I don't know about you taking the boys to the strip club for their 16 birthdays." I stated.

He smirked. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mmmhuh, yeah. Did you forget that your wife knows everything." I said.

"Nah, I ain't forget." he said.

"Good. And besides, we don't know where RJ and Laila are."

"I just think I need to...

"Listen to me Trayvon, you will do nothing, you will go nowhere. We haven't had any drama for the pass eighteen years and I be damn if you step foot in that damn trap. Leave it alone." I stated.

"Okay, I'll leave it alone." he said.

We heard the alarm ring, letting us know that the door was opening. We looked to see who it was and it was Trinity. I picked up my phone to check the time.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"How did you get here?" Tray asked.

"I um...I caught an Uber." she said coming in.

I looked at her and it looks as she had something on her mind.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"Um, I saw Laiyah. She was in Florida. Ran into her and she continued the trip with Dominque's family, friends, and I." she said

Tray got up out his seat. "Where is she now?" I asked.

As I said that she came around the corner. Tray like to have had a bitch fit.

"I told you to stay away from her. Did I not?" he questioned.

"She's my best friend and your goddaughter. Besides how would you feel if someone you knew raised you and kept lies from you." she defended.