2| Settled

Notes: Double upload because as I said, Ao3 is (now was) a week ahead! Kind reminder that you can request the link for the book playlist either via PM here on good ol' Watty or DM me on Twitter at the same username. And if links work in the comments... too bad, I want friends bye.

____________________________

The next day, Bakugou woked up in a pissier mood than normal. All that was heard throughout the apartment as the sun cast its orange glow through the windows were the slamming of doors, heavy footsteps, and muttering in between. The blond had just finished showering, a towel draped across his shoulder, hair dripping, and black shorts hugging his waist. The wrinkles in his forehead were more prominent in today's scowl, and when he re-entered the room he shared with Kirishima, he noisily slammed the door again, causing the redhead to stir in his sleep.

With a yawn, Kirishima's arm emerged from beneath his comforter, patting at the floor until his hand made contact with the cool surface of his phone. Dragging it to him, he picked up his head drowsily, eyes droopy. He squinted as the bright screen lit up, showcasing not only the time of day but a couple of missed notifications. Bakugou shuffled to his clothing bin and, like the days prior, fished out the first shirt and sweats he saw. Instead of his usual black shirts, today's in particular was a shirt that the whole gang had gotten custom made, the word 'BakuSquad' printed in big red and orange bubble letters. Pulling the shirt over his head and slipping into his dusty red sweats, he padded over towards his phone, which was charging in the wall behind Kirishima's laptop.

"You're up early, bro," Kirishima yawned as he rubbed his eyes. The blond stayed quiet at first, peeking at his phone's lock screen.

"Didn't you say the furniture comes in the mornin'?" He mumbled a reply.

"Yeah, but not the ass crack of dawn."

"Tch, quit whinin'."

Kirishima sat upright on his futon, another quiet yawn escaping his lips. "Alright, alright."

As Bakugou watched the redhead from the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but think back to what they talked about last night. He didn't care too much about what Pinky said, but Kirishima clearly felt some type of way about the situation, and though Bakugou wouldn't admit it out loud, he too felt the same way. However, the blond has issues with letting people get so close with him, even throughout his schooling years. There were plenty of people he'd hung out with in the past, but it always seemed like they never stayed as long as he wanted. The friends he had in elementary school weren't the same friends he had in middle school, and the friends he ended up meeting in high school were completely different from the ones he had in middle school. The only one who really bothered to stay around was Midoriya, though, Bakugou didn't consider the green-haired boy a friend—not like he did with Kirishima and the rest, at least. He'd grown tolerant over Midoriya's presence in his life, his persistence to befriend the blond evident no matter how harsh things had gotten between them.

These days, he could hold down a small conversation with him, but he didn't feel the same way about Midoriya as he did with Kirishima and the rest of his squad. It was obvious, of course, he was rooming with them! His parents were ecstatic when he brought up the idea of rooming with his friends. They'd half expected him to come right back home or just move out on his own, so they were in for quite the surprise when he told them he was moving in with his friends.

There were people who liked him, of course, yet those people were just fans—complete strangers. The only people who he'd really allowed into the layers of his life were his classmates, then his squad, and finally, his best friend, the closest of them all.