17| Fright Fest

Notes: I'm gonna cry. I literally edited this last week and forgot to publish it like a DUMBASS

In conclusion, I'm sorry

________________

"Pika pika!" Denki shouted as he posed in his Pikachu onesie. Jirou, dressed as Ash Ketchum, shook her head at him, her arms folded over her chest as she fiddled with the Pokeball in her hand. Sero and Eijirou snickered, the latter sporting Prince Bubblegum's regal uniform whilst Sero wore the skin tight Spiderman suit, his mask clutched tightly in his hand. As they leaned against the minivan, their eyes went to the front door as Mina pushed Katsuki out.

"Ta-da!" She cheered, presenting the hothead's black spikes. The group clapped, and Sero slid in a snarky joke just to spite Katsuki. Katsuki's raven brown's furrowed, and he barked an insult at him as he walked over to his boyfriend. Eijirou eyed the red checkered flannel, admiring how it hugged the frame of his torso. His jeans framed him just as nice, and Eijirou wished they could go back inside and ravage each other instead. Bringing his eyes back to Mina, he looked over her Starfire costume, not only impressed by the accuracy but also admiring how far she went to get the look right. The wig she wore somehow concealed the horns that protruded from her head, and she wore contact lenses that replaced the black surface area of her eyes with light green, her pupils being a darker hue.

"Okay, let's go," Jirou spoke, motioning towards the van.

"Shotgun!" Denki called out as he charged to the front seat.

The crew loaded up inside the minivan, and ten songs and five IG story updates later, they arrived in Jackson, New Jersey. After parking first, they eagerly lined up at the front entrance, commenting on other people's costumes and the overall atmosphere of the weather. It was cloudy, and though it was five in the evening, it looked like it was closer to eight. They'd plan to come later in the day so things would feel "extra spooky".

Once they passed through the front gate, Denki picked up a map of the park and circled all the rides they all agreed on trying out. The first one they went for was The Dark Knight Coaster, a ride inspired by superhero Batman. Next, they targeted the Nitro, then the Green Lantern, and lastly, the Batman roller-coaster. Currently, they waited in a lengthy line to ride Kingda Ka, per Sero's humble request.

Jirou and Mina decided to sit this one out, chatting on the side as they watched the boys slowly inch closer to the front of the line. Denki bounced around excitedly, adrenaline still coursing through his veins from the other rides they rode prior to this one.

Just as they reached the front of the line with only another group of four ahead of them, the conductor for the ride shuffled in front of them, megaphone in hand. Raising it to his lips, he announced, "The ride is now closed for maintenance!"

Everyone let out a collective groan, a couple of others cursing obnoxiously loud or spewing other vulgar things.

"This is bullcrap," Denki whined, turning around with the rest of the group.

"I told you we should've gone on this one first." Sero shrugged. Denki rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Yeah, but I wanted this to be our finale before we ate!"

"Want me to just throw you in the air?" Katsuki offered, grabbing Eijirou by the hand. Sero smirked, adding on to what the temporary raven-head was saying.

"I'll catch you before you hit the ground."

Denki's eyes lit up. "Really?!"

"No," Eijirou cut in, squeezing the hand in his. "I'm not trying to get kicked out the park, dude."