29| Love Like You

Notes: Bitch I cried writing this.

_____________________

Katsuki sat in the middle of the couch, arms rested on either side of him on along the backrest of the couch. Eijirou squished comfortably beside him, head rested on his chest; Mina's feet sprawled across the ashen blond's lap as the rest of her was placed in Sero's, who absentmindedly watched Mina scroll through her phone, chin resting in the palm of his hand whilst his bulky elbow balanced the weight on the armrest of the couch. His legs were stretched out in front of him, crossed at the ankles of his socked feet. On the other end of the couch were Denki and Jirou swaddled up in each other's embrace.

Ei leaned into Katsuki, sighing deeply as he draped an arm across his middle and closed his eyes, a minute grin curling his lips upwards just a tad. Katsuki peered down at him, a rare smile coming to his face as he dropped an arm to wrap around his shoulder and pull him in closer. Mina peeked over the top of her phone at the duo, a content look to her features. She nudges Sero, speaking just above a whisper. "We made so much bank off of this, didn't we?"

"I can hear you, asshole," growled the blond. Mina only shrugged in reply and playfully rolled her eyes. Katsuki huffed through his nose, rolled his tongue around in his mouth as he massaged the rings on Ei's ear between his clammy fingertips. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he fished it out to check it, hummed at the notification, then shoved it back into its hidey-hole. Nudging Eijirou to get his attention, he said, "Let's go."

The rest of the group perked up at the phrase coming out of his mouth, and of the four remaining as he and the redhead stood up, Sero was the one to speak up. "Where're you two running off to now?"

"Don't worry about it," was the ashen blond's flat reply as he dragged Ei towards their room by the sleeve of his sweater. The door clicked closed behind him and the blond's hand fell from the sleeve as he stalked towards the night table beside their bed, the covers still disheveled and hanging off the edge of the bed from their earlier escapades. Eijirou watched his back, tilted his head at him, eyes blinking languidly paired with a tiny grin. "What was all that about?"

Keys jingled as Katsuki turned to face him, helmet in hand. He shrugged. "Just feel like gettin' outta here for a bit. I'm getting major deja vu and it's fucking creeping me out."

"Ah? I thought it was just me." Ei accepted the helmet handed to him, following the blond back out into the living room towards the genkan as the other barked their leave to the rest of their friends. Helmet on, Katsuki's bike roared to life beneath them and Eijirou eagerly embraced him from behind. Their destination? Not important. He enjoyed their sporadic, unplanned trips and the adventures they brought when they came about, so he kept quiet, palmed the other's chest beneath his jacket and nuzzled his head at the base of his neck.

They slowed eventually, and when Eijirou removed his helmet and took in their surroundings, he noticed they were at a market. "Is it grocery shopping time already, Suki?"

"No, just thought I'd treat you to some fruit." Eijirou perked up at this, bouncing in-step with the other as they crossed the street with the crowd.

"Wow, really? Are you sure? I'd love that but—gosh Katsuki, you really don't have to; it's too expensive and—"

"Can you quit your blabberin' already? I said I'm treating you."

"Okay, okay!"

Katsuki did end up picking up a couple of things for the house anyway. They were running low on food since their New Year's Eve party, and since most of them had been working overtime for the rest of the holiday season—the week or so people take to visit shrines, they hadn't much time to restock their inventory. All they've been thriving off of was rice, eggs and (possibly poisoned) cupcakes. They reached the fruits soon enough and the blond strolled behind Eijirou as he went and felt up, tapped, and smelled every fruit he came across, debating which of something he wanted to snack on today. He really had a sweet tooth, and his eyes landed on the strawberry stand on the opposite end of the aisle he was in. He licked his lips, mouth watering for a taste, the faint smell tickling his nose. He reached and so did another. Their hands touched. He followed the hand up the arm it was connected to and froze. Katsuki rolled to a stop beside him, glaring.