9| Broken

Notes: AND IIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUU!

_______________________

Bakugou never came home that night.

Or the next night. Or the night after that. Eventually, it was Tuesday and the blond still hadn't shown his face. The BakuSquad was in disarray as well; Mina and Sero had decided to call things off, so Sero crashed on a futon in Denki and Jirou's room. Kirishima had been holed up in his room all weekend and even took off two days of hero work...

The redhead, along with Denki, tried contacting the blond, but eventually, their calls and texts went completely unanswered.

Kirishima hadn't left the comfort of his bed (actually Bakugou's bed) unless he had to pee or felt like eating, but even then, he only grabbed a slice of bread or some chips and retreated to his inner sanctum. The entire apartment had been eerily quiet; no one hung out in the living room, either going out for the day or staying confined in their rooms. Kirishima hugged the pillow closer to his chest and sniffled into it. The pillow, the blanket, the sheets—they were beginning to lose their warm scent. Their cinnamon, caramel, and sugar, all spicy and sweet scent. Now everything was all damp and musty, all soaked in tears and sweat. He could hardly breathe through his stuffy nose, and he felt almost suffocated underneath the weight of the blanket, but he didn't want to come out from the shelter he had placed himself in; he didn't want to come out into the light.

A heavy knock sounded at the door. Kirishima stiffened. Could it be Bakugou? No, he had a key. He wouldn't have to knock at the door. Kirishima deflated where he lay; the door didn't need his attention.

Another knock. "Yo, bros! You guys home?!"

Kirishima remained still. Eventually, he heard a door open, most likely Denki, then the shuffling of feet as he moved towards the door.

"Tetsutetsu!" Denki's muffled voice sounded through the thin walls. There was more feet shuffling, then the closing of the main door. Speaking lower, Denki asked, "Is it that time already?"

"Yeah, I brought him a cake!" Tetsutetsu bellowed. There was a hiss for him to be quiet and a couple of hushed whispers before the conversation picked up at a volume the redhead could comprehend.

"Uh, that's gonna be a problem... you see..." Denki had started whispering, cutting off the rest of the sentence and making it hard for the redhead to hear. He could make out a few 'oh's and 'okay's, but other than that, he didn't really grasp what Denki was telling them. The only thing he could do was assume they were talking about him.

"But what about the cake?" Tetsu whined, "And this present?"

"I can try to get him up, but I dunno, he's been in there for days and..."

The main door closed again, and seconds later, he could hear mumbling and shuffling towards his door before there was a soft knock. "Bro, you awake?"

Ignore it.

Denki knocked again. "I know you're up, dude. It's ten."

He'll go away eventually.

He could hear Denki mutter from behind the door before the knob started to jiggle. Within seconds, the door flew open and banged against the wall, making the redhead's blood run cold. Footsteps drew closer to his bed, and after a brief pause, he felt his bed dip in the middle as Denki sat down on its edge. A hand touched his shoulder, shaking him gently.

Pretend you're sleeping.

"Yo, I know you're awake. There's no point in pretending anymore."