10| A Helping Hand

Notes: me 🤝 having inconsistent update schedules for no reason..

Literally everything is planned out and I'm still out here fucking up ekdjwndbsb

_______________________

Denki, Sero, and Kirishima arrived at the small corner cafe just as the clock struck twelve. The doorbell chimed as the three entered the cafe, the warmth of the store and the scent of coffee and baked goods easing the nerves they had from their short walk here. Stealing a booth in the far corner of the place, Denki laid out the list on the table and placed his and Kirishima's phones on the table, sliding the latter mentioned over to the redhead. Kirishima pocketed the phone and leaned against the table, threading his fingers through his hair whilst rubbing his index finger and thumb together on his other hand. Sero ripped at a napkin he took from the napkin dispenser, littering the torn pieces on the space in front of him. Denki let out a sigh, his shoulders slouching as he tilted his head back into the cushion of the seat. "Being a mother is hard..." Denki murmured.

His hair flipping into his face as he snapped his head back up, he grabbed his phone and unlocked it. "Anyway, I'm gettin' coffee so I can channel my inner Aizawa. BRB; please don't fight, my children."

Denki slid out of the booth and jogged towards the barista whilst dialing up someone from the list, leaving Sero and Kirishima awkwardly sitting across from each other. Sero took his attention away from the napkin for a brief moment to glance over the top of the seat, noting Denki was the last person in a line of five other people. His dark eyes went to the redhead. "You do know I don't blame you for anything, right?"

"Doubt it." The redhead shrugged. Sero rolled his eyes, his lips curled in a lopsided sneer as his eyes narrowed.

"You didn't even do anything, bro, you were drunk as shit."

"Yeah, and that's the problem. If I wasn't drunk out of my mind maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't be in this stupid situation right now." The thought made Kirishima frustrated. Gripping the hair beneath the palm of his hand, he gritted his teeth and slammed a fist on the table. The condiments lining the edge of the table jumped, and Sero peered around at the curious eyes of the other patrons sitting nearby, nervously calling off their attentive gazes. Kirishima squeezed his eyes shut. "I'm so fuckin' stupid."

"You are, but for other reasons." Sero shrugged nonchalantly. "I had a feeling somethin' like this was going to happen anyway... She didn't seem all that into me to begin with, y'know? She always seemed so bothered when you and [redacted] hung out without her, then she'd get extra bitchy if it was just us guys. Not to mention her parents were kinda shocked to meet me. They were all like, 'We heard so much about you, did you dye your hair? You're much taller than we expected,' and I'm just like..." Sero scrunched his face.

Kirishima huffed a laugh. "Girls suck..."

"As if boys are any less complicated," Sero snickered. Kirishima couldn't help the small smile that came onto his face.

"Boys suck too."

"Honestly, they probably do."

Kirishima didn't comprehend why Sero had started laughing harder until the joke finally hit him. The redhead snorted, feeling silly for getting giggly over such a weak sex joke, but the short bout of laughter melted away all the tension he had stored up over the past few days. As their laughter died down, Denki returned with a cup of coffee and two muffins for his friends. Setting the tray down on the table, he slid back into the booth with an irritated expression on his face, his eye twitching.

"You guys were making fun of me, weren't you?" Denki accused. Grabbing the blueberry muffin from the tray, Sero quipped, "Why make fun of you behind your back when we could do it in your face?"