26| Lodging: Day Three

Notes: full speed ahead, colonel
_____________________

December 24th, aka Christmas Eve. Also known as Christmas Jr. Whatever it was going to be addressed as, today was that day. One day closer to the birth of Jesus Christ or whatever, one day closer to the new year. One day closer to Katsuki's birthday, too. He was getting sidetracked again. Where the hell was Eijirou this time?

The blond fought his way out of the covers that managed to swaddle him in his sleep. Clothes littered the floor, and for whatever reason, the door was left wide fucking open. Good thing Katsuki didn't sleep naked in the winter. Why did his friends like to get up early to annoy him before they really annoyed him? Iida was supposed to be keeping the rabid children in check yet he could hear a whole bunch of noise coming from the living room.

The blond prioritized his hygiene first and completely disregarded the rumbling of his stomach as he stormed down the stairs, his signature scowl already locked and loaded. Then he saw his idiot friends as well as his idiot boyfriend doing some questionable shit, Denki, and Eijirou holding each others' hands by the pinky. Their faces lit up upon seeing the blond join whatever cult shit they had going on.

"Bakubro!" Denki cheered. "You're just in time for our bro-wedding!"

Katsuki blinked. "Bro-what?"

"It's better if you don't ask questions..." Sero muttered beside him, twiddling the paper mache flower clipped to his hoodie. Iida cleared his throat, clearly annoyed by the side conversations interrupting the ceremony. What the fuck was going on?

"Denki Kaminari! Do you take Eijirou Kirishima to be your best bro, to have and to hold, from this day forth, for better or worse, rich or poor, sickness and health, to love and cherish as long as thee shall live?"

Denki stared Ei dead in the eyes, an eerie seriousness to his usually dorky face as he answered, "I do... no homo, though."

Katsuki's eye twitched. There was only a certain level of stupidity one could take.

Iida turned to Eijirou, his arm bent at a 90-degree angle as he repeated his lines again. The redhead wiped a tear from his eye as he, too, nodded, croaking out, "I do too, no homo, bro."

Iida sniffled and took a brief moment to dab at his own eyes with a handkerchief before readjusting his glasses and clearing his throat again. Beckoning for Sero, he ordered, "Sero, the bracelets, please."

"Here's my cue," Sero breathed out, pulling out two black braided leather bracelets. Stepping forward, he handed it off to Iida, who then passed it to the two idiots still holding each other by the pinky before him. Sero stepped back in line with Katsuki, his lanky fingers going to massage his temples. Mina slid between the two, a hand propped on the blond's shoulder as support for her weight as she leaned up to whisper in the taller one's ear.

"I thought the exchange was supposed to be before the vows," she whispered. Sero groaned a soft, "I know," as the two idiots strapped the bracelets on each others' wrists. After that awkward shit was over, Iida pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"By the power vested in me, by the laws of... of bromance, I now proclaim thee Best Bros! You may now hug each other."

"No homo?" Denki spoke, his arms outstretched in front of him. Eijirou hiccuped, his bottom lip quivering as he admired the bracelet on the golden-blond's wrist.

"No homo, bro," he cried, embracing the hug on fully. Katsuki looked to where Todoroki was comforting a sobbing Midoriya whereas Jirou was trying and failing at stifling her laughter. Katsuki glanced at Sero again and felt Mina's hand leave his shoulder to go and rub Sero's back instead.