22| Favorites

Notes: This chapter is one of the longest ones and also my favorite uwu

_________________

The next day, or afternoon rather, Eijirou woke up to soft tufts of hair tickling his nose as he breathed in. Jerking away, he sneezed, then rubbed his nose whilst gazing down at the sleeping blond below him. His face was slightly twisted up, likely from Ei's loud sneeze. He shuffled in his sleep, his arms searching for the soft warmth of the redhead. They had fallen asleep without a blanket, or sheets for that matter, so he was probably cold despite him falling asleep in a loose crew neck sweater.

Eijirou smiled, snuggling back into his side and resting his head on the blond's bicep so he could stare at the sleeping beauty. The blond's face softened and he let out a long breath. After a couple of minutes, his eyelids parted, and Ei could faintly see deep crimson orbs staring back at him.

"Hi sleepy head," The redhead whispered delicately. Katsuki's eyes pinched shut as he yawned.

"What time is it?" He questioned, his voice rugged with sleep. Eijirou shrugged lightly.

"Dunno. I just woke up too."

"Don't look it."

Eijirou grinned. "I didn't move 'cause you didn't want me to."

"So you were just watchin' me sleep?" Eijirou nodded, earning a huff from the blond. "You fuckin' creep. Get off me."

Eijirou bowed back onto his heels, attentively watching as Katsuki sat up and reached for his phone on the night table adjacent to the bed. The screen of the phone lit up, and the blond scowled at the time presented to him at the top of his attractive lock screen. "Fuck, it's almost three."

Katsuki jumped up from the bed, fumbling to take off his sweater and wiggle out of his pants. Eijirou crawled to the end of the bed, his head tilted at the body rushing back and forth across the room.

"Where you goin'?"

"I gotta go pick some shit up," Katsuki replied whilst pulling a hoodie over his head. His porcelain skin disappeared underneath a pair of black skinny jeans, and soon after, he threw on a denim jacket and some black sneakers before grabbing his full-face helmet off his dresser. His eyes searched the room, and he went through a couple of drawers on their makeshift desk before asking the observant redhead, "Have you seen my keys?"

"Eh..." Eijirou sucked a corner of his bottom lip into his mouth, chewing on it thoughtfully. "Check this one," He gestured to the night table beside the bed. The blond crossed the room and opened the first drawer of the night table, and surely enough, the keys to his motorcycle were chilling on top of his wallet. He took both items out, then dug around through the cluttered drawer until his fingers brushed along a mint. He pushed the peppermint out the wrapper and into his mouth in one smooth motion, crumbling the plastic wrapper in his hand.

"Wait, can I go with you?" Eijirou called out to the blond's retreating back.

"No." Katsuki snatched the door open and peered back at the redhead over his shoulder. "Just fuckin' be here when I get back."

Katsuki slammed the door behind him before Eijirou could get out another word, and Eijirou's brows fell into a frown, the corner of his mouth curving downwards. With a sigh, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and eased his weight off of the mattress. Bringing his arms over his head, he pressed his palms towards the ceiling and sucked in a breath. His eyes squeezed shut at the feeling of his muscles lengthening into the stretch, and eventually, he let his arms drop to his sides as a long stream of air blew through his nose. He let his mind wander as he padded to the bathroom, pondering on what shenanigans the blond could be up to.