19| Taste

Notes: The word count lowkey exploded on this one because I extended the NSFW scene in this sksksk

________________

Katsuki woke up at the sudden loud crack of thunder overhead, the room a bright flash of white for less than a second before falling back into utter darkness. The curtains in the room shuffled, and he could hear the shrubbery scratching against the side of the house as they danced wildly in the wind. Katsuki let out a rugged huff, rubbing his eyes with the sleeve of his sweater. His eyes lazily went to the alarm clock situated on the nightstand beside the bed. It was only two in the morning.

"Shit..." The blond grumbled, his voice thick with sleep as he nuzzled his head into something warm. His head rose and fell slowly with each breath Eijirou took in noisily since his mouth was gaped open, and Katsuki fought to blink away his drowsiness, his ear listening to the soft drumming of Eijirou's heart over the rumbling of the storm. Katsuki envied how the redhead practically slept like a rock, groaning internally as he tried to drown out the storm.

Another crack of thunder made him jump and his eyes shot open, his body fully alert. "Fuuuuck!"

Katsuki frowned, tucking his arms under his chin as he stared at a sleeping Eijirou. He looked so peaceful and innocent, as he always did during his wake. Even in his sleep, he shined brighter than the fucking sun. The blond caressed his cheek, thinking to himself, How did I get so lucky?

His stomach rumbled. Or no, was that just vibrations from the thunder? Katsuki sat up, lifting up his sweater as if the answer would be there. His stomach rumbled again. He huffed. It was only two in the morning; he wasn't sure of what time they went to bed, but he knew they had skipped dinner because they fell asleep. It was too early to be making a ruckus in the kitchen, though, so he'd have to settle for something that'll hold him over until the morning.

Easing himself off the bed, he navigated through the dark halls towards the kitchen. He went through the cupboards in search of a bowl. His fingers brushed against a smooth ceramic, and as he gripped it loosely in his fingers, there was a blinding flash of white, a loud boom following almost immediately. The bowl slipped from the blond's hand as he jumped, crashing into the tile floor and shattering on impact with a loud crack.

"Oh, fuck me!" Katsuki hissed, careful to avoid the sharp shards as he went over to get the broom leaning against the wall. He went back over to the hazardous spill, squatting down with a dustpan in hand and sweeping the pieces into it. Just as he disposed of the remnants, he heard a soft voice.

"Katsuki?"

Katsuki turned around, seeing Eijirou leaning against the archway as he rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Did I wake you?" Katsuki questioned as he shuffled over to him. Eijirou shook his head.

"The thunder woke me up... and when I sat up, you weren't there. And then—" He paused to yawn. "—I heard something fall in the kitchen... Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just dropped a bowl, that's all."

"Are you gettin' food?"

"Well, yeah."

"Can I have some?" Eijirou gazed at him, seemingly more awake. Katsuki shrugged, then nodded, turning around and grabbing another bowl from the cupboard without dropping it this time. He only planned on eating fruit.

Opening the fridge, he pulled out the plastic cartridge full of strawberries, another of blueberries, and a bag of grapes. Placing them on the counter, he dropped a few of each into the bowl while Eijirou watched drowsily, his head resting against his shoulder and arms draped loosely around his waist. Katsuki stretched forward and reached for a banana, pulling it from the hanging bundle. Eijirou yawned as he took it from him, letting go of the blond so he could grab a knife from one of the drawers.