27| Lodging: Day Four

Notes: You smell that? It smells like crap angst.

__________________

Katsuki wished he was ten years in the further where on Christmas day, his two or three kids would bolt into his room, clamor onto him, tear the sheets off of him and Eijirou and bounce around in excitement about getting to open presents, yet unfortunately, he was a decade in the past with a bunch of fucking grown ass idiots doing the same shit, the frame of the bed groaning loudly at the extra weight.

"Get the fuck off me! All of you!" He sent a pillow flying at someone. Anyone. Eijirou laughed amongst the chaos. "Fuckin' childish!"

Mina was the first to hop off the bed, crouching at the bedside as she grinned mischievously at the blond. She was so close he was almost tempted to blast her face in for bringing the entire Chaos Calvary with her. "This is just a wake up call, Bakubro! C'mon, let's go open presents!"

Katsuki snarled. He'd much rather stay in bed. The only gift he cared about was Ei's since everyone else liked making a show of what they'd get for him. It was their first Christmas together, all together like this, in a while. Mina rolled her eyes and folded her arms on the edge of the bed. Sero, Denki, and Midoriya hopped off with Eijirou in tow, screaming as they raced down the stairs. He could hear Iida scolding them, but Katsuki didn't care for it, flicking his eyes back to Pinky. She smiled at him, this time softer. "I could bring all your gifts up here if you'd rather open them later?"

Despite what happened mere months ago, Mina was a real great fucking friend. He nodded, though hardly made an effort to erase the scowl from his face. It was early. Too damn early. "Hey, Bakugou?" He grunted at her.

"You really love Kiri, right?" she spoke softly. The question caught him off guard, but there was no reason for him to react dramatically. He folded his arms over his chest and grunted a yes. Mina puffed her cheeks with air before deflating them through her lips, gaze dancing around whatever they happened to fall on, fingers drumming her elbow. "How do you know know you really love him?"

Was she challenging the sincerity of his feelings for Eijirou? Of course, he fucking loves him! Literally, everyone knows this! Their old classmates know of it, Camie and her group of friends know about it, and shit, the media has been pegging them for an official statement about them for months now. But the anger sparked by the forwardness of her question dissipated at the hint of uncertainty in her eyes. He relaxed his tense muscles and mused over the question. Shit, why ask him and not someone sappy like shitty Deku? He wasn't that great with explaining his feelings and shit—hell, it took three goddamn years for him to express his feelings and desires for Eijirou. It wasn't a question of rather his feelings for the redhead held true, but rather a question of love itself to begin with. What is love? What did his love for Eijirou felt like?

"It's like taking a big ass leap off a cliff," Katsuki started, his opening statement surprising even himself. He softened his gaze, thinking about how content he was when his feelings were proven requited. "Like bungee jumping, actually—blindfolded. You can't see anything, you're just feeling that sensation of falling. The wind whips at your face and skin, you feel like you're fucking suffocating, and though it takes one little slip up to fuck everything up and kill you, you're scared, but it's thrilling in a way."

"Bungee jumping is one big ass trust fall; you're putting your life into the hands of someone you probably don't know well, or maybe you do know them well, but this is a line you've never crossed... You gotta trust that they put that cord on you and jump and..." He kissed his teeth. This shit didn't make sense, not even to him. "You just do it—throw all caution to the wind and go for it and pray to God that they catch you in the fall."