12| A Present

Notes: Do you smell that? Smells like... that smells like nsfw...

Also, please see an important announcement about a current work in the end notes!

__________________

Bakugou plopped down on the couch with a sigh, and Kirishima followed after him, awkwardly pressing his knees together with his hands clasped in his lap. The two refused to look at each other, and the silence between them was starting to make the redhead nervous, evident by his teeth pulling on his bottom lip. They'd long since finished the birthday dinner with his parents, and after all the cake eating and dreadful singing, his parents ditched him downstairs with Maou, who refused to go to bed so early. The toddler's babbles brought noise to the silence the two older ones shared, but the tension was still there.

Kirishima squeezed his eyes shut. It was unmanly of him to be so nervous, wasting time when he could just spill out how he felt and get it over with. Sucking in a breath, and puffing his chest, he turned to the blond. Bakugou must've had the same idea, because not a second later, he faced him too, and the two spoke at the same time.

"Ack! Sorry! You go first." Kirishima scratched the back of his neck, chuckling nervously. Bakugou shook his head.

"No, I interrupted you first."

"I'm sure what you have to say is more important, Baku—"

"It's Katsuki." The blond cut him off. Bakugou leaned forward, taking the toy train Maou was handing to him. Rotating the little toy in his fingers, he sighed. "How did that kiss make you feel?"

"Ours?"

"Hers."

Kirishima folded his arms over his chest. "I don't really remember much, but Denki told me what happen and it made me feel..." He grimaced. "A little sick. Like I kissed my sister or somethin'."

Maou crawled around the living room floor, trading one toy for the next as he kept himself entertained in his own strange way. Bakugou rested his hand on the redhead's knee. Guilt settled back into his gut, and he squeezed his knee. "I'm sorry I ran away."

"No no! It's okay!" The redhead placed his hand on top of Bakugou's. "I just—I really missed you, man."

The blond huffed. Of course he did. Maou waddled over to Bakugou again, another toy in hand. His free hand went for the toy train, and the toddler exchanged it with a car. The one-year-old had kept him busy this whole time. Maou was an active toddler, always wanting to run around, babbling, screaming, pretty much doing whatever he felt like doing at that moment. The blond wasn't exactly an expert at babysitting; for instance, he wasn't exactly sure if the kid could handle solid food since he only grew in about six little teeth in his mouth. While Bakugou could easily finish a plate of curry, he had to dial down the heat and smash up any lumps for Maou.

Maou, in his own little way, kept him busy for the past weekend. He didn't spend nearly as much time sulking in his bed like he had wanted to.

Kirishima, on the other hand, didn't have a relative from hell to keep him busy for the past four days. Bakugou regretted ignoring his calls and texts all the times the idiot tried to contact him after the incident. They had the greatest few weeks together, yet the blond let someone else's actions smolder the high aura of confidence their kisses instilled within him. Not only was he fucking up the intimate relationship they had just kindled, but he also turned his back on him as a friend. The redhead cared for him so much that he risked his own life to save him at one point—when the League of Villains kidnapped the blond within their first year of starting high school, Kirishima was the one ready to run out and save him, even if he had to do it himself. Yet here he was, turning his back on him over a stupid fucking kiss...