11| Last Friday Night

Notes: Quick lil side note, don't be confused by the way this chapter starts out, 'cause it begins with what happened that night from the blond gremlin's perspective and yadda yadda important stuff I don't wanna explain soooo let's get this party stARTED!!!

________________

Friday, October 12th, 8:56PM

Katsuki Bakugou almost wished he had requested his friends wait for him to come back so they could leave together instead of his idiot self traveling out by bike himself. The air nipped at the patch of skin not covered by his scarf. His ankles were already numb from the cold. At the very least, his gloves kept his hands warm, but he was still freezing regardless. Fuckin' moron, he aimed at himself, gritting his teeth. It was cold as shit. He hated cooler weather, almost more than he hated his friend's dumb pranks on him.

For a second, his mind focused on Eijirou, the moron who had him running out in this shitty weather in the first place. His stupid birthday, unfortunately, fell on a Tuesday, so his group of friends decided it was logical to go out the Friday before. Bakugou thought the idea was stupid, yet here he was riding through this cold ass city to go to some damn Latin dance bar to celebrate Kirishima's stupid birthday a few days ahead of schedule. Just because they were celebrating his birthday early didn't mean he was going to go through the liberty of giving the redhead an early birthday present. He was going to give him it the day off like a normal, sane person would.

Katsuki himself wasn't much of a social dancer. His interests were in being the one playing the music. Rock music was definitely his go-to; it made people shut up and not bother him when all they could hear coming from his room was yelling and loud drums. It was easy to block out his connection to the outside world and replace it hard rock music. Katsuki huffed, thinking back to how he and the redhead collaborated on the only playlist he bothered listening to; it was the first of many before Mina had dragged the idiot into liking that American bullshit. Kirishima still listened to, played, and discussed rock music with the blond, but when it came to dancing and practicing in their room late at night, Katsuki couldn't count on either of his hands how many times he had to tune the redhead out with their music blasting in his ears. He found it amusing, however, to watch the redhead move around the room, his face concentrating so hard that he'd begin to chew on his plump bottom lip. The blond was there for it all; whether it was the idiot practicing new Fortnite dances or some routine Raccoon Eyes came up with, he'd watch him dance in his own little world.

He would've been great at their first-year cultural festival. Kirishima was on the stage team while Bakugou himself had been swayed into drumming for the band. He didn't want to at first, not liking the idea of doing favors defining him as a character, but he was glad he did agree to it. Eijirou didn't do much dancing that day, but regardless, he had been so elated helping out with everything else going on behind the scenes. He even called the blond's drumming skills super manly, as he did with anything else that fell within that stupid umbrella term.

He rolled to a stop at a red light, balancing himself on the bike as he slipped his phone out of his pocket. Peering down at his phone, he looked over the address Kiri had sent him while he was out, then looked around at the street signs. He was familiar with the area, so he started off in the direction he knew the street was.

Katsuki noticed a couple of people bumming around outside a building that lit the street up better than the streetlights could. He parked in the back and walked back towards the front. Inside was a lot warmer and nicer than the outside, and after a quick look around, he spotted his idiot group of friends chilling at a booth in the corner. Denki seemed to be telling some story, probably one about Kirishima, who sat with his head in his hands. They didn't notice the blond prowling closer to them, so he was able to pick up part of the conversation.