16| Swalla-la-la

Notes: yeet yeet yall! there's nsfw in this chapter ;0

______________

The day for the crew to leave for their vacation dawned upon them before Japan had reached the peak of its autumn season, and after a grueling sixteen-hour flight, the BakuSquad touched down in New Jersey. They took a shuttle to the house they had rented for their vacation; a medium sized bayside cottage a few blocks away from the beach. The sight was breathtaking, though too cold to enjoy it fully. The place itself had four rooms, two of them supporting queen sized beds whilst the other two each had an extra large twin. Each room had a built-in wall closet, which the crew was eager to take advantage of due to the number of clothes they had packed. The living room sported a sectional couch that was a lot larger than the one they had at home, and on the wall hung a large flat screen TV. The kitchen was fairly large given the size of the cottage, a wide island taking up the center of the room.

In the garage were things such as bikes, surfboards, and things related to those two, but the gang wasn't going to be able to take advantage of it because of it being the middle of fall.

For their first day, the crew settled down and practically slept into the next day due to jet lag. On their second day, they set out to rent themselves a minivan, and by the third, they had stocked the fridge with food and personalized their rooms a bit. By the fourth day, with Halloween only six days away, the squad had seen every attraction in their area and stocked up an unhealthy collection of souvenirs.

On day five, with five days left before they went to Fright Fest, the gang agreed to stay home for the day since it was raining, keeping themselves entertained by playing a drinking game: Up & Down the River. Denki played as their dealer for what was officially their fifth and last round, as most of them were past the point of being tipsy aside from Sero and Eijirou. Drawing a card from the deck, Denki brought it to his face, narrowing his eyes as he peered at the drunken faces of Mina, Jirou, and Katsuki. His eyes flicking to the four cards laid out before him—a red two, a yellow five, and a green three and eight respectively. Grinning, he slapped the car on the floor over the five and two, revealing it to be a blue seven.

"Fuckin' finally. Shit," Katsuki grumbled, placing his solo cup on the floor next to him. He was the only one in the group who had all three cards in his hand, meaning he could choose whoever he wanted out of the group to drink up to eight cups of the Heineken Lager they purchased from the store. Glaring at Sero and Katsuki, he snarled, "Oi, Soy Sauce, Red, you're splittin' this shit."

"No prob, bro," Sero shrugged, passing four cups to Kirishima and grabbing four for himself. Nudging Eijirou, he challenged him to a race, which the used-to-be redhead eagerly accepted. Denki counted off for them, and the two went off chugging, but Eijirou had bested him by one cup. Eijirou raised a fist in the air whilst using the back of his other hand to wipe the remnants of beer off his cupid's bow. The girls clapped for him, and Sero finished off his last cup a few seconds later.

"Okay, cool." Jirou grimaced, muffling a burp. "Can we do somethin' else now? If I have to drink another cup, I'm going to vomit."

"I demand a show," Mina hiccuped. "Dance for me!"

Sero, Denki, and Eijirou exchanged glances, speaking more with their eyes and facial expressions than they did with words. Katsuki tapped Kirishima's leg with his foot. "Don't tell me you idiots actually have some shit planned."

Denki grinned a sly grin, shrugging and throwing his hands up as he turned his head and glanced at him sideways. "Well, we were saving something for Valentine's Day—" He ran his fingers through his hair, winking. "—but if it's a show you want, it's a show you'll get."